broken

The radio was quite loud, loud enough that it sort of shook the floors of Lennon's apartment. A popular song was blasting through the speakers, a song I've never heard in my life. John hummed the tune a bit as he prepared dinner for us.

     He was stood over the stove, stirring around vegetables on a sizzling-hot pan. The sounds of the food popping and cracking penetrated my ears and the smell of all different kinds of spices wafted through the entire kitchen.

John hadn't really spoken up too much unless I spoke first. He was rather quiet tonight and lost in the music, I guess. I lovingly watched him make the food with a gaze full of endearment. My head was held up by my hand while my eyelashes fluttered at the boy. John finally looked up and smiled before quickly looking back down at the plate he held infront of him.

After scooping the vegetables onto the dish, he gently placed it infront of me before fixing himself a serving. His plate was a bit different from mine as he poured the cooked beef over it.

"I know yer vegetarian and all, now. So..." He said to me quietly, passing me the meat-free dish.

I smiled at John as he sat next to me at the island in the kitchen. The music was still blaring in my ears, but at this point, I was able to tune it out.

Using my fork, I picked at the food and popped it in my mouth. The flavor was to die for and the crunch of the vegetables was just perfect. I guess that's just one good thing Yoko's done for John. He finally learned how to cook!

The only sounds heard in the room was the music from the radio and the sounds of the two of us eating. Other than that, it was silent. The silence was making me feel a bit nervous, now, as John had barely said a word to me thus far.

"Yer sulkin', again." I finally spoke up with food still in my mouth.

John stayed silent for a second before replying, "...Am I, now?"

"Yeah, ye are." I reiterated, "What's goin' on?"

John readjusted himself in his seat, presumably out of nervousness, "Everythin's fine, Macca, I'm jus a bit hungry, is all."

I gave him a condescending look, "I know yer not bein' honest wi' me, Johnny. ...Do I look daft to ye?"

"Jus a bit..." He replied. Without warning, John quickly grabbed my face and kissed me. He grabbed so damn hard that my cheeks hurt a little.

"I promise... everythin's okay, love." John half smiled, "...And to prove it to ye... How abou' a night on the town?"

My face instantly lit up, but I kept my cool, "Uh-huh... Where to, exactly?"

"We can jus..." He scratched the back of his head, "Walk down the city streets all the way to Central Park?"

My heart felt better, my worries were melting away, "It's quite the walk, but... That'd be wonderful. I'll... go get ready."

And with that, I shoveled the rest of the food into my mouth and sprinted towards the master bedroom where John and I have been sleeping together.

Once we stepped outside in our... "clever" disguises... John quickly grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. I did the same. The longer we held hands, the more comforted I felt. The longer we walked together, the less anxious I seemed. However, the questions still fluttered around in my head.