Bye bye LA(4)

Alex POV 

As I ascended the stairs to gather my belongings, my mind was a flurry of mixed emotions. Before I started packing my clothes, a sense of urgency drove me to dial Sofia's number. The phone rang a few times before Sofia's familiar voice finally greeted me from the other end of the line.

"Hello?" she answered, curiosity laced in her tone.

Excitement bubbled within me as I shared the thrilling news with Sofia. "Hey girl, I have amazing news!" I exclaimed, barely able to contain my glee.

Sofia's eagerness was palpable as she encouraged me to divulge more. "What is it? Come on, tell me," she prodded eagerly.

In a moment of unfiltered liberation, I couldn't hold back my enthusiastic declaration. "WE CAN FINALLY ESCAPE THIS HORRIBLE PLACE!" I hollered, a mix of relief and exasperation in my voice.

Perplexity coated Sofia's response as she sought clarification. "Wait, what do you mean?" she asked, confusion evident in her words.

With nonchalance, I continued recounting the unexpected turn of events that had led to this newfound freedom. "My dad had to resort to selling me to settle his debts, but now that I'm free from that wretched man, he mentioned you could come along too," I explained.

Sofia's reaction was a symphony of disbelief and exhilaration as she processed the information. "WHAT, OMG, ARE YOU SERIOUS, YESSSSS!" she exclaimed, the excitement reverberating through the phone.

Sharing in her jubilation, I echoed her sentiment with equal fervor. "I KNOW, RIGHT?" I shouted back, the enormity of the situation sinking in with each passing moment.

Expressions of mutual disdain for our current circumstances flowed between us as we dreamt of a brighter future outside the confines of our oppressive environment. "YESSS, I HATE THIS PLACE AND THAT WOMAN I CALL MOM," Sofia confessed, her voice filled with resolve.

The urgency of the situation hit me as I relayed the urgency of the impending departure. "Okay, start packing now," I instructed, relaying the information conveyed to me. "He said the faster we pack, the sooner we can board the jet."

Intrigued by the mention of a jet, Sofia probed for more details about our benefactor. "What did you say? A jet? Is this guy wealthy or something?" she inquired, a mixture of curiosity and incredulity in her voice.

"I'm not entirely certain, but given the circumstances, it's certainly possible," I responded, the unknown elements adding an air of mystique to our sudden change in fortunes.

With a promise to reconvene soon, Sofia bid me farewell. "Okay, girl, I'm going to hang up now. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Sure thing, see you later. Bye, girl," I responded, a sense of anticipation building as the reality of our impending escape set in.

Once the call ended, I turned my attention back to the task at hand, eager to make a fresh start in a new environment. As I meticulously packed my sparse collection of belongings, thoughts of the future danced in my mind, painting a vivid picture of the adventures that awaited us beyond the confines of our past confinement.

 As I meticulously packed my sparse collection of belongings, thoughts of the future danced in my mind, painting a vivid picture of the adventures that awaited us beyond the confines of our past confinement