Hello Big Apple(6)

Alex POV.

I woke up feeling the embrace of someone's arms wrapping around me, the warmth and security comforting me until I fully registered that it was Vincent, the familiar comfort settling in. Peeking up, I noticed Vincent still in peaceful slumber, his features softened in sleep, making him look even more attractive than when he was awake. Lost in the moment, I found myself captivated by his relaxed expression and gentle breathing, the sight enough to make my heart flutter.

Suddenly, his voice cut through the morning haze, breaking my reverie as he teasingly asked, "Like what you see?" Heat rushed to my cheeks, turning me into a beet-red mess as I averted my gaze, the embarrassment palpable. Attempting to deflect, I mumbled a half-hearted response, "I've seen better," the uncertainty in my voice giving away my true feelings.

His sarcastic chuckle only deepened my blush, his playful demeanor adding to my discomfort. Feeling trapped but not wanting to disturb his peaceful rest, I awkwardly requested, "Could you please let go of me?" His hold tightened slightly, a silent indication of his playful stubbornness. 

In a moment of desperation, I resorted to pleading, my voice unintentionally taking on a childish tone, "Please, I really need to use the bathroom, pretty please?"

Finally relenting, Vincent released his grip with a dramatic sigh, allowing me to escape to the bathroom. Grateful for the freedom, I hurriedly followed his directions toward the luxurious jet bathroom. Opening the door, I was taken aback by the opulence of the space, its beauty contrasting with the intimate moment shared with Vincent just moments before, a reminder of the unexpected twists and turns life can take.

 Opening the door, I was taken aback by the opulence of the space, its beauty contrasting with the intimate moment shared with Vincent just moments before, a reminder of the unexpected twists and turns life can take

i finish using the bathroom and walked back to them ...

Vincent's reminder to fasten my seat belt jolted me back to the present moment. Feeling the aircraft tilt towards the ground, a familiar surge of unease washed over me. Despite my discomfort with heights, the frequent flyer status bestowed upon me by the generous income from our YouTube channel had acclimated me to air travel. The allure of escaping to Tokyo or Puerto Rico was tempting, but practicality won out given the steep cost of living in those cities. Besides, my roots were a mix of Hispanic and Korean heritage, not Japanese, although my linguistic repertoire extended beyond those primary languages. Lost in contemplation, I failed to notice our smooth touchdown until Sofia caught my attention. Sufficiently roused from my musings, I adeptly unfastened my seat belt and engaged in a light-hearted exchange with Sofia.

"Hey, girl," I greeted her warmly.

"Hey," Sofia responded, a mischievous smirk playing on her lips.

Curious about her playful expression, I prodded, "What's with the smirk?"

"You're totally into Vincent," she teased.

I blushed at the notion. "No way. Just because he's charming doesn't mean I'm head over heels for him. Plus, we literally just met," I refuted with a self-conscious smile.