CHAPTER 13

♡| louis swore the fireworks were so much brighter if harry was there to watch them with him

-
JULY 4TH, 2006; LOUIS AND HARRY are in Harry's pool as the sun sets. 

Louis isn't aware of the way Harry is staring at him as if he was the reason the sun rose every morning and set every night. 

Harry isn't aware of the way Louis moves closer to him as the water around them calms from the way they were splashing around like the idiots they were.

But the thing was- this was nothing new, though it had felt this way, and while they both silently decided that they weren't going to discuss the matters; both of the boys were (unadmittedly) confused by the actions.

"Suns almost down angel, we should get out." Harry speaks after ten minutes of silence, not the awkward kind though, it did seem that way, because his shoulder was tense while Louis had head there, arms wrapped around Harry's waist.

"But if we get out, I'll be cold bubbie." he whines, cuddling into Harry's side.

"How about I go get you a towel so when you get out, you can be warm, yeah?" Harry bargains, bringing a hand up to run his fingers through Louis' damp hair.

"But you'll be cold?" he's making any excuse to get Harry to stay in there with him.

"Don't you worry about me, baby." Harry chuckles as he lifts himself out of the pool with ease.

Louis swears he feels his knees go weak as he watches the muscles in Harry's back flex.

Harry is gone, and back again with a big fluffy towel, within a blink of an eye.

So Louis gets out of the pool and is immediately engulfed in a big towel, secured by Harry's arms (which Louis may have an obsession with).

Upon drying off completely, the boys are sat in Harry's kitchen, in complete silence.

And it's not awkward, or uncomfortable because it's them. And this is something Louis loves; he loves how easy it is to just be around Harry.

But this is also what he hates.

No one else is this easy. He can't just be around anyone. But Harry is different and it pisses him off so much because he wants that ability.

Which, semi-ironically, also pisses Louis off. It's annoying.

But of course, in the end after all of this complaining, he doesn't want anyone else.

He doesn't even enjoy entertaining the idea of growing up and dating someone else. 

That being said, entertaining the idea of being with Harry also hurts because he's so desperate.

He just wants Harry in all senses and he's scared because he only wants to be a legal adult so he can be with Harry.

But then again Harry might move on by that point. Sure, this idea is born out of the part of his mind which fuels off nothing but pure panic and fear.

But is he really being irrational?

Yes and no, but now really isn't the time to dive into rationality. That's a dark place in Louis' mind.

The way Harry sees things are undeniably different from that of Louis.

Because Harry plans it all out. Where he'd like to live, how many pets he wants, all the way down to the fact that he wants his wedding colors to be the exact same blue that Louis' eyes are because no other colors are worthy.

So he's a little fluffy with it; he doesn't care because he'd risk everything to have that life he plans out at night when he can't sleep, with Louis.

;

It's later now, they've assumed their position on the rooftop. They're wrapped up in a big blanket, Louis' sat between Harry's legs, and the older boy has his harms wrapped around Louis.

Harry kisses his cheek as the fireworks go off, and as cheesy as it sounds, Louis' cheeks feel hotter and brighter than the most expensive of fireworks.

It's simple, the way Louis holds Harry's hands and fiddles with his rings, while Harry places a soft kiss on the top of Louis' head.

Harry chuckles over how this is so fluffy that it's nearly cringey, thankful that Louis doesn't hear him over the fireworks.

Thing is, Louis does, but he's far too focus on how any kind of laughter that leaves his lips makes Louis smile.

He may be scared. But it doesn't matter anymore. As long as he has Harry in his life, he's fine.

****
WOW
we LOVE a cringey update
all the love, dj c dizzle