Chapter ②⓪

Chapter ②⓪

So over the course of this past week I've kind of turned into a walking cliché. I never wanted to be one of those girls who are always attached to their boyfriends, but it just kind of happened. By that I mean that if I'm not in class or volunteering, I'm with Mason. If I'm not doing homework, I'm texting Mason. On the weekends, if I'm not busy, I'm hanging out with Mason. Can you see the pattern?

Now of course we aren't crazy with PDA at school and it's not like I lie awake at night thinking about him, but we've just kind of become a stereotypical teenage couple.

Now the question is - do I care?

No, actually, not one bit. And that's the cliché part.

I open my locker and go to grab my English notebook, but then I glance to my left only to do a double take and jump back with a small yelp. I grip my locker door prepared to hide behind it because it seems the entire varsity football team is standing in front of me. My eyes scan through the crowd of physically fit guys seeing the familiar faces of the seniors that are on the team before my eyes finally land on Mason, who's standing the closest and in the center of the group.

He flashes me with an award winning smile. "Hey."

"Hi," I say warily, but then I notice he's holding something behind his back.

"So you're Mason's girl," A guy with bleach blonde hair, Brad I believe is his name, says and the guy next to him smacks him in the back of the head. Mason shakes his head at them before looking back at me.

"So," he starts with his smile still in place, "will you, Adeline Preston,wear my jersey to homecoming?" He pulls his blue away game jersey from behind his back and my mouth drops slightly. I stare at the jersey with his white number seven on the back.

But then my faces scrunches up. "Is it clean?" This leaves some of the guys to snicker and Mason drops his hands back down to his sides.

"Of course it's clean," he huffs and I let a smile take over my face.

"Then, yes, I'll wear it." His grin reappears and he extends the jersey back out for me to take. Once it's fully in my hands all the guys erupt in a fit of cheers and pat Mason on the back, congratulating him, before dispersing into the hallway.

I put Mason's jersey in my locker while Mason leans his shoulder on the locker next to mine, crossing his arms.

He shakes his head. "I can't believe you thought I'd give you a dirty jersey."

I shrug putting my notebook in my bag and grabbing my lock. "I don't know. I've just seen how dirty and sweaty you guys can get, so I was just checking..."

"Dirty you say..." He grins leaning in closer. I open and close my mouth trying to form a reply, but then I just shove him away.

"And sweaty," I emphasize closing my locker and he chuckles before pointing a finger at me.

"But you like it."

I scrunch my face up again. "Ew, no, who in their right mind - " Before I can finish my sentence, though, Mason slings an arm over my shoulders and pulls me right up against his chest.

"Come' on, Preston, we're going to be late for class." And I let him drag me down the hallway.

****

"Ah! I shipped it! I shipped it from the very beginning!" Georgia yells as her unruly curly hair takes up most of the computer screen.

"I know! Madeline's fully in action!" Mia says from beside me as we are both sitting on my bed video chatting Georgia on my laptop. I have to say I've really missed her craziness. Sure, Mia's pretty crazy, but Georgia's craziness is on a whole other level. "He even asked her to wear his jersey to homecoming!"