Ten

Cale

Owen was on the phone when I woke up. He was still naked from the night before. Because Owen had to work for the week of New Years and I had a firework incident as a case, we couldn't spend time at the club together, so we had spent last night making up for it.

"Yes, sir. That would be amazing. Thank you so much for the opportunity! Okay, bye," I raised my eyebrows at him as he fell backward with a grin on his face.

"Now, correct me if I'm wrong, sweet Bunny, but shouldn't I be the only one to make you smile like that?" He sat up and crawled over to me, resting his firm ass on my lap.

"I just got the most amazing offer ever. I've got the opportunity to work under the best businessman in the country as his personal secretary and he said if I do a good job, he would help me create my own business,"

"That is exciting. Who's this amazing businessman? Do I have any competition?"

"I wouldn't worry about competition, Mr. Jennings is a Dom at the club so he knows I'm yours. At least for another . . ." Owen trailed off, noticing my imminent scowl, "What's wrong?"

"Do you mean Xander Jennings?" I snarled and Owen slipped away from me, his eyes growing wide.

"Um, yeah. Is . . . Is it a problem?" He was stuttering and pulling the comforter closer to him.

I stood up and was thankful for putting on my boxers last night, "Well, considering he and I have a complicated and dangerous past, yeah, I would consider it an issue,"

"Is it so complicated, I can't work for him?" Owen wrapped the sheet over his waist and stood in front of me.

"Now that I think about it, no, it's not really that complicated. To put it simply, he's a bad person and the last thing I need or want is you getting involved with someone like that,"

"Well, what about you? Our first interaction was you spanking me for something that wasn't even my fault. I still said yes to you being my Dominant," I took a deep breath to control my anger, but when it came to Xander Jennings, it was a hard no with anything to do with him.

"This is different and you know that! Why didn't you ask me for help with opening a business? I'm a fucking lawyer. Do you know that you needed a lawyer with official documents to start a business? Or what if Xander is just duping you and you're just going to be strung along! I hate to be the one to tell you this, Owen, but not everyone is nice and caring. Some people like and enjoy taking advantage of people like you like . . . like a child!"

"Oh, how nice to know that you think of me as a child. That's exactly what I want to hear from a man whom I've not only had sex with but willingly signed a contract to have you control parts of my life. Well, Master, I hate to tell you this, but if I want to be a secretary to a businessman who could help me get a foot in the door to be an entrepreneur, then I am going to damn well take it. I would like to live my life as me and make my own mistakes, Cale. This is something I won't let you control!"

Owen glared up at me as his life depended on it and it occurred to me that I stepped over the line, but I still had heavy doubts about Xander. The man was planning something and it was making me nervous. I pulled Owen into a hug and rested my head on top of his. He seemed surprised because his hands rested on my stomach like he was going to push me away, but he didn't.

"You're right. I can't dictate personal stuff like that it wasn't my intention to do so. As I said, I've had a few past meetings with Xander and I don't trust him and I don't want to have to worry about you dealing with him. I promise you that I would never intentionally try to hurt you or damage your life by telling you that you can't do something unless I thought what you were doing would harm you in the end. I just want you to be able to trust me enough not to be in the business with Xander,"