Nineteen

Cale

I was half-asleep when Sam came out of the dressing room, wearing a new Mistress outfit. This one was gold and black and had little spikes coming out from the shoulder area.

"Well?"

"Looks fine," I mumbled, settling into the chair and closing my eyes. We were going to be here a while, I could already tell.

A sharp slap, on the top of my head, forcing me to open my eyes again. I was immediately greeted by her chest.

I forced my eyes up to her face and she was glaring at me.

"What's up with you? You're usually more enthusiastic than this. Why are you so tired?"

"I was up really late last night working on Owen's case. I just didn't get a lot of sleep, that's all. I'm sorry; I'm trying to stay awake,"

Sam rolled her eyes, but sat down next to me, "Hun, listen. I know you want to save him, but overworking yourself won't help anyone and it won't earn you brownie points with him,"

"You're right, as per usual. I just want to prove to him that he can trust me,"

"And you will, but you need a good night's sleep. I'll change and we can head home,"

"Actually, we've got to make a quick stop to the grocery store first. I've run out of basic necessity stuff,"

Why I had allowed Sam to take the cart was beyond me. She had filled it with random shit that she didn't need and I didn't want to pay for. I probably would anyway. It was hard to say no to her.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead," I said, deciding between chicken breasts or thighs.

"What's your favorite part about being a Dom?"

I turned, surprised by the question, "I . . . um . . . what?"

"What's your favorite part?" Sam asked, grinning evilly.

"You know what my favorite part is. I enjoy the intimacy and closeness," she gave me a look and I conceded the answer she was looking for, "Fine. I think my actual favorite part is hearing the elicit sounds that we bring out of them by torturing them and—" I cut myself off as a couple of people walked into the aisle.

"And your favorite part is?" I prompted.

Sam glanced at the other people and smirked, "Well, you know, subs are just so much fun to play with. All you have to do is barely hint at the things you have planned or back then into a corner with a look. Maybe, grab their wrist in a certain way and then they're putty in my hands,"

One of the people looked up and stared at Sam in horror. She giggled and waved in his direction.

As we passed them, I could hear the one say, "What the fuck do you think they were talking about?"

"None of your damn business, sweetheart," Sam called, tossing her hair behind her. Ah, yes, Sam, the ever blunt one. She and her mouth were going to get me in trouble one day.

"You are a devilish woman, you know that?" She wrapped her arm around mine and grinned.

"Course, I do. If I wasn't, Annie would have left me,"

"I doubt it. That girl worships you and the ground you walk on. I think if she decided to leave you, you'd have to do something pretty stupid like . .  ." I trailed off. She would have to do something stupid like I did.