Chapter One || When One Seeks Darkness to Fight Evil

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"

- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone

  Chapter One || When One Seeks Darkness to Fight Evil

Out of nowhere a tall thin elderly man with silver hair and a beard so long that it looked like it could be tucked into his belt, apparated in the middle of the dark forest. It was the last place you'd expect anyone to live. But yet, a young witch had lived hidden in this dark forest for many years in isolation. It was this very same witch in whom the elderly wizard sought in an effort to convince her to join his cause. She was a witch so powerful that she would be the Wizarding World's only hope at defeating Lord Voldemort.

The young witch who was being sought after sat in her small cottage that looked abandoned. She held no worries after becoming aware of the presence that had suddenly entered her space. In fact, she was waiting for his arrival. She was fully aware of the horror that had recently occurred at Hogwarts the School of Witchcraft and Wizarding. She also knew what the Wizard Albus Dumbledore wanted from her after he came to seek her. Just as he was sure what her answer was going to be.

"Hello, Lisette" said Dumbledore coming in through the doorway of her little cottage.

Lisette Victoire Delacour was a young half-French half-British witch that lived by herself in the Dark Forest. It had been exactly ten years and three months since she had made the choice to abandon the wizarding world and pursue a life of seclusion. She was tall, lissom and had an air of mystery that surrounded her. A unique appearance was graced to Lisette Delacour. One that bestowed her with long wavy pure white hair that reached below her waist and silver eyes so bright it looked as if a light was coming from them.

It was from the same bloodline that she gained the unique appearance that held her apart from the regular witch or wizard. The power that came from her bloodline was very dark and ancient. That was the reason why Dumbledore came asking for her help. Before Lord Voldemort and his followers found her.

"Hello, Dumbledore" was her reply as she continued to sit on a wooden seat that faced a large glass window looking out into the forest.

It was her favourite spot to be in her small empty cottage. She could and would spend most of her day sitting there just to stare out the window. Many others found the dark forest creepy and dangerous for what was hidden in it, but all Lisette could see was the beauty it held.

Tall trees shrouded the land cloaking it in darkness. Not a single ray of sunlight could get through. It was the fireflies that lit the area allowing all the creatures within to see. Enchanting was the only word that Lisette could think of to describe it.

"I assume you know what I have come here for Lisette?" he asked patiently as the young witch had yet to turn around.

"Yes I know why you are here" replied Lisette while finally allowing herself to stand from her favourite seat in order to face Dumbledore.

He gave nothing away but with one look from Lisette, Dumbledore reconciled at the intensity of her eyes. So bright but yet they held no life to them. As if it had all been sucked away. Only a bitter emptiness remained. He could understand why they appeared to be that way. The young witch in her short twenty-one years of life had been through more than anyone could imagine. More so then he dares to say The boy who lived, Harry Potter.

Images of what occurred the following week flashed once again before Lisette's eyes. She saw the death of Cedric Diggory replay like a muggle film but this time by opening her mind it allowed her to plague the vision into Dumbledores. Experiencing what she saw with the older Wizard, Lisette ended the vision upon seeing the return of Voldemort.

"Then you must know that you are the only one that can defeat him" replied Dumbledore slightly taken back by witnessing what Harry could only describe to him.

An airy laugh escaped from between Lisette's lips. "You know that is not true Dumbledore. I will not be the one to defeat Tom Riddle. If that outcome was to happen that honour belongs to Harry Potter".

Lisette has seen two outcomes for the future. One was the defeat of Lord Voldemort at the hands of Harry Potter, but the other was one much more sinister. A dark future could be upon them. One that was ruled by an evil that showed no mercy. "It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death or darkness, nothing more, Dumbledore".

"Lisette my dear... if you have seen the outcomes that the future has in store for us you should know that in order for it to end with the defeat of Tom the order needs you" was the plead Dumbledore resulted too.

A dark look crossed Lisette's face. The small candle that was lit beside her chair gave off enough light for Dumbledore to just see it. He could tell a turmoil of emotions were filtering through Lisette at that very moment.

"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. How would you know that my attendance in this war is the right choice and not the easy one" Lisette questioned. "My very presence could bring destruction and death, Dumbledore. You of all people should know and understand that"

And she was right. Dumbledore did understand that she was the vessel for death and destruction. With her very presence, it could bring something much worse than what Voldemort could ever think of. But if they didn't have her on their side what was stopping Voldemort from obtaining and abusing her power. With all the bad things that she could bring to the order, there was more good that outweighed it and because of that, he was willing to take the chance.

"It is our choices that show us what we really are, far more than our abilities my dear" was Dumbledore's only reply.

A sad smile caressed Lisette's lips. "Then I guess I should start packing".

N  O  T  E  S

N O T E S

So if you have previously started reading this book you would notice that I've changed the storyline and instead of it taking place the night of the Third Task, the story now begins after the events of the fourth book. Anyway, hope you like it! This chapter is quite short but I'm hoping they will be longer in the future. Thanks for reading

-Kelsey