Chapter Two || Lisette Delacour

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"

- Albus Dumbledore

Chapter Two || Lisette Delacour

Lisette was a well-taught witch. Though she was never able to get an official education and attend school, magic just came naturally to her. She had an advantage over others due to her bloodline. But one thing that Lisette was never able to do well was communicate with others. Her years of isolation left her with the social skills of a rock. So the fact that Dumbledore plans to bring her to a house full of strangers made her feel on edge.

After Dumbledore had come seeking her in her small cottage she had agreed to join The Order. Of course she was hesitant and had seconds thoughts, but Dumbledore didn't allow her to dwell on them too much before he apparated them both away moments after she had placed the last of her clothing in a small bag. They now stood outside in the dark and cold somewhere in Borough of Islington, London, where the supposed headquarters of The Order was meant to be.

"Now before we go much further I thought perhaps you would want this" Dumbledore said to Lisette as he held a long silver chain that had a small onyx pendant attached to the end towards her.

Lisette looked curiously towards the pendant. Her heart leaped from her chest as the corner of her eyes began to sting with unushered tears as she tried to blink them away. "It's my mother's pendant" she whispered, grabbing it from Dumbledore.

Holding it delicately in her hands she looked up to the elderly wizard. "Where did you get it? Last I heard the Ministry had confiscated it after Mother had passed away"

Dumbledore smiled, tapping the tip of his nose secretly. Lisette understood and dropped the question as she clasped the chain around her neck feeling warmth and comfort spread through her body. The pendant had always been a part of her family, it was an heirloom that was passed down through her mother's family. But after her mother had passed away, the Ministry deemed anything of the Le Fay bloodline to be dangerous and had taken it away to secure it somewhere.