Chapter Five || Diagon Alley

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. 

Chapter Five || Diagon Alley

"I won't be too long!" Exclaimed Bill as he left Lisette sitting outside under an umbrella-covered table belonging to an ice cream place called Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. Before he left he had ordered her a strawberry and peanut butter ice cream that was shortly placed before her in a glass cup as he jogged across the street over to Gringotts Wizarding Bank to do his business.

Lisette didn't get a chance to reply before the red-haired wizard was gone, rushing to get there before half-past nine. She didn't mind though as she sat back to enjoy the limited sun that was shining on her skin while she enjoyed the ice cream that Bill had so kindly purchased for her. Just as Molly predicted, the streets of Diagon Alley were busy with witches and wizards going in and out of stores along with school-aged children either following along with their parents or walking together with their friends. Though she was slightly uneasy with the numerous people around her, she tried to not pay too much attention to them and instead kept her eyes down.

Her strategy worked quite fine as no one paid attention to her as she sat quietly waiting for Bill to return. He didn't take that long either, perhaps twenty or so minutes after she heard footsteps approaching her as he took the seat on the opposite side of the table. By the time of his return, Lisette had just placed the last of the melted ice cream in her mouth, enjoying as the creamy coldness slid down her throat.

"Did you enjoy your ice cream?" Asked Bill as he sat looking at her.

She gave him a smile as she nodded "It was delicious, thank you" she replied not having the chance to thank him before he left.

"No worries" he smiled, happy that he was able to do something that made her smile.

"Would you like to go have a look around at the other shops before we meet up with the others?" Bill asked the white-haired witch.