Chapter seven

**A/n: art I used up above isnt mine. I just wanted to use it for reader's mindset that happens from time to time maybe. (I'm thinking of something for her backstory a little). Also sorry for the long wait! Riley's boss's name is Todd and I hope you'll enjoy what I have so far. Any misspelling or errors I apologize, I'm still new to how to write.

Contains: cussing (maybe), flirting, scared reader, some angst, yelling.
——————————————————————
Riley was quick to be on her twenty minute break as soon as you mentioned your boss being a man. Being a regular for a while, you became close friends with her boss Todd too.

So the moment Riley mentioned she was gonna get you to spill some dirt, he knew he couldn't stop her charade so he let her take a break. She then sets up a chair at a table with you and sits excitedly waiting for you to tell her as much as possible.

"Sooooo??" She gives you the 'come on' hand gestures. Her eyes grew wide with a smile as she did so.

"W-What is it you wanna know?" You stuttered.

"Oh come on spill! What's he like? How'd you meet him? Is he cute? What does he do? Have you made a move on him? Does he like you??" Her eyes grew wider with excitement making your eyes widen in playful disbelief.

"Jeez you ever breathe air at all?!?" You ask while laughing at how Riley can ask so many questions all in one breath and not pass out.

"I'm magical! Now don't turn this around to be about me I wanna know details about your boss." She leans on her hand as she places her elbows on the table, giving you a 'you better tell me' look.

"Well..it's kind of a weird story." Riley looks unamused at your attempt to escape story telling but sits in the same pose waiting for you to continue.

"Well then better make it a twenty minute one." You laugh again, then inhale a deep breathe trying to figure out how to start.

Before you begin though you again chuckle whilst shaking your head, looking down at your intertwined fingers as they make circles on your own hand. The memories of earlier and how your boss was acting not long ago made you curious for your friend's opinion.

"How should I start..um..remember that date with Simon I had a while ago that didn't turn out great?" Riley processed what you said, remembering that day then nods.

"Well a stranger there tried to offer me money for hitting me in my face with a ball, of course I said no and when Simon later on was being a jerk to me once I met him..Lets just say the stranger came to my rescue. Then as I was looking for a job months later, i met my now boss who I believe might be the same man who helped me before." You did your best to explain to the best of your abilities, Riley nods and processes it all together as you stare at your hands briefly.

"How do you not know if it's him though? Sounds to me like it's the same person." You sigh. Then Riley's boss comes out and brings you your usual, you start to eat as you continue to chat. Riley taking bits and pieces of your food, making you swat her hand away every so often.

"They had the same names but my vision was a bit blurry from the hit so I don't remember properly what the stranger looked like that tried to help me. Only that his name was Zak and he had the attitude of a player, to which I don't like at all." Riley rolls her eyes and takes a hold of your hand that you placed on the table.

"I know you're not into the whole a**face cocky kind of guys but atleast he was nice enough to help you ya know?" Your lips press a little tightly together as you know that she's right, he was decent enough to try to help you.

"That's true but I just wish i could see if that same man was him."

"Why?" Riley asks confused. Slyly taking about piece of food off your plate. You glare at her playfully and continue.