Every Single Day [Alternate Part 8]

[Incomplete Part]

Your P.O.V.

"Can I tell you everything?"

That one question sliced through the air like a knife. I felt pain flow through every inch of my body, begging to keep it all bottled it, but I had to do this. The soft, crystal tears kept flowing down, splashing on the cold tile floor like rain.

"(Y/n), you can tell me anything. I'll listen. You don't have to if you're too uncomfortable," Gray told me, placing a hand on my back. His dark eyes seemed to be lit up with a newfound intensity. One that burned bright enough to rival Natsu's flames, yet also remained soft.

"It started when I was 8...

"A year after Igneel disappeared and Natsu and I decided to split up, I decided to try and go to school. I registered for classes and made lots of new friends. I was naturally popular at first, honestly I'm not really sure why, but then things went downhill.

"It was lunchtime and I showed off my dragon slayer power to my friends. Instead of being amazed like I expected them to, they were shocked. They threw things at me and called me a monster. Those words hurt more than you could ever imagine.

"So I hid my powers for years. I left the school and wandered alone until I was 12. I walked into a village and saw a guy. An amazingly handsome man with shimmering blond hair and sparkling blue eyes. I tried to resist the urge, but I caved and talked to him. He was so polite and kind. I fell in love with him at once, or at least I thought I did.

"We spent 2 years together and he was my closest friend. After that 2 year period, I decided to show him my power, thinking that he wouldn't care. Because he loved me, right? He reacted the same as the kids from 6 years ago.

"He called me a monster but instead of running away, he tied me up. He threw me into his parents truck and drove away. When we finally stopped, we had reached a creepy old building. 'All these years, I've been looking for someone with powers and I've had you all along!' he told me."

At this point, instead of merely telling the story to Gray, the flashbacks began to come. I'm not sure how he could even understand me, half my words were muffled by sobs.