Far away

I streached out my wings and groaned quitely. My neck hurt and my body felt stiff. I tilted my head back and looked up at the dark night sky. Thousands of stars was spread out like sprinkles over the black. I loved stars, they remianded me of freedom and wildness. Which was everything I've ever dreamt of. To be able to spread my white wings and sail on the wind over London without catching everyones attention. I wish it could just be normal, that the magic would return and I could fly free. I felt like a bird trapped in a cage and it drove me insane. What was the point of being able to shift into a winged form of myself if I wasn't even allowed to fly. Only on very very strict terms. 

When I was a child I hated the rules, and I didn't understand their purpose. I didn't understand that people were greedy and brutal, that they would try to shoot me if they saw me flying over the city. Back then I was just a rebellious kid that refused to listen to her mother, so one morning I shifted and took a flight over our little town. A short flight, because after only a couple minuets the first bullet hit my left wing. I lost my grip of the wind and started tumbeling down to the ground. Falling faster and faster. On my way to the ground three more bullets hit my wing and the pain shoot through my body. I could have been dead today if it hadn't been so that I landed in the woods. The men that had shoot me yelled that they had seen an angel and ran into the dark forest. But my mother reached me before them. And they never found the so called "Angel". To our relife the men just ignored the incident. After that my mother hadn't let me out of her sight in months, and I never made the mistake again. 

I moved my glare from the night sky to my left wing. It had healed just fine from that accident but if you looked closely you could see some of the feather were thinner and a bit scattered. It was a remiender that I couldn't be free. I was stuck in this cage. But one day, one day I was going too release the magic again. Then I could finally spread my wing and fly away. Far away.