-8

"Where are your parents, anyways?" Billie asks after breakfast, she was lounging on my beanbag chair, her eyes glued to her phone screen. She chuckles at something and continues to scroll.

"Um, my brother, Cameron, is a dancer. My mom is in New York with him currently. He's in a ballet school" I say. I was proud of Cam. He's following his dream. I was the one who got him into dance, having taken ballet since i was four. Camron started to take interest when I was 13 and he was 11. My mom immediately nurtured his interest, promoting him as a dancer and eventually overlooking me and my dance completely. Mom ended up pulling me out of dance, telling me that she needed to focus on Cam, because females in dance aren't as impressive as males. I was resentful at first, but knowing that I did my party to help Cam be happy and do what he loves keeps me from hating him.

"Oh, cool" Billie say, her voice monotonous "I used to be a dancer till I fucked up my hip" she finally looks up at me "Can you get me a water? my throat hurts" I nod and step out of the room and head downstairs to get her a bottle of water. I grab one from the fridge and I'm about to open the door when i hear Billie talking

"Whats up? No i'm not doing anything. Oh? I'll be over in a bit, yeah i got you.."  I hear Billie laugh "Yeah i'm bored as shit, you my savior, deadass. I'll run home to change and come over quick" she laughs. I open the door and toss her the water bottle

"Yeah, gotta run." Billie opens the water bottle and drinks about half of it. "I gotta go, Thanks for h-"

"Who was that on the phone?" I ask, trying not to sound upset.

Billie raises an eyebrow "Let's not ask too many questions" She says, putting on her sneakers and grabbing her clothes she wore yesterday "I'll catch you later" she says, running downstairs.

- 2 hours later, bil's snapchat story -

I watch this guys hand on billies neck, at the end of the video he looks like he's choking her

I watch this guys hand on billies neck, at the end of the video he looks like he's choking her. I bite my lip. This shouldn't bother me, me and Billie are good friends, thats all. Billie is straight..I'm...straight. She's not my girlfriend. I'm not her girlfriend. I shouldn't be feeling so upset over this.

I think back to yesterday, how nice it felt to have her hold me.

I push the thoughts back. I don't want to think about her right now.