Chapter Twenty-One: No One Special

I wake up with a massive headache worse than earlier. My eyes bolt open quickly.

"Daddy!"

Pain rips through my mind. I don't remember that happening. I guess I kind of pushed that memory away. All I ever thought about was SHIELD but my dad was the one who brought me there. He said I'd be safe. He must not have known what they would do to me.

I reach my arms up, ignoring the ache that comes with movement, and place them on my eyes with a groan.

"God, Gwen," I hear a familiar voice say, "why do you always have to be so dramatic."

I look around for her but I can't see her. Suddenly her smiling face pops up from beside me.

"Were you laying on the ground?" I ask, my voice hoarse.

"So dramatic," she repeats with a grin, only now I think she's referring to herself.

I smirk and shake my head but the motion hurts. "That's not creepy at all."

She giggles and rolls her eyes.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"Hour," she tells me, putting her elbows on the couch and leaning her head on her hands.

"Dang, I feel like I got hit by a stampede of mind bunnies," I say as I sit up with a grunt.

"Mind bunnies?" She asks, raising an eyebrow and a laugh waiting to escape her lips.

"It was the first animal to popped in my mind!" I defend as if that'll help.

She shakes her head and laughs at me, I'm really glad we made up, for a second there I thought we wouldn't. I felt like we shouldn't.

But then I'd never get to do this.

I reach my hand over and rub it on her head, completely messing up her curly hair.

"Gwen!" She cries, hands flying up to fix it. "You know I can't get those tangles out!!"

"I know, but it's funny," I smirk.

"It's not funny," she says with a laugh.

I hear a door open and see April's eyes follow as someone approaches. I can't tell by her expression who it is. Actually, yes I can.

Loki steps up to the armrest, he cocks an eyebrow at April who frowns.

I look at the both of them, they seem to be having a heated dispute, with their eyes.

He nods to me and April shakes her head. His shoulders sag in exasperation as he rolls his eyes. Her look intensifies and she raises an eyebrow. He glares at her and gestures to me again.

"Guys," I interrupt their... 'conversation', "What is going on here?"

"April wants me to leave," Loki blurts out.

"I'm having a moment with my sister!" She defends.

"Yes, well, as nice as that is I'd like to talk with Gwendolyn," Loki tells her.

"You can't wait your turn?" April asks, her arms are off the couch and crossing on her chest. I know she means to look threatening but she looks kind of adorable. And I know she hates it when I say that. Which means you know I love saying it.

"No! I have as much entitlement to her as you do! She's been working for me, remember!"

"Excuse me?!" Me and April say.

She seems to see the fire in my eyes and shuts up, letting me say something that needs to be said.

"Loki really? I worked for you for many years and I didn't see a single dime. I did it out if the kindness of my heart, which isn't much," I stand up to get eye to eye with him, "April is my sister, and if you ever talk to her that way again I will personally make your last days a nightmare."