ONE ━ FAINT SPARKS

chapter one

THE DAY WHERE THINGS slowly but surely began to unravel involved a horrendous thunderstorm, a girl who never should have been left alone, and a very possessed teenage boy

THE DAY WHERE THINGS slowly but surely began to unravel involved a horrendous thunderstorm, a girl who never should have been left alone, and a very possessed teenage boy. The chaotic weather matched the havoc that Beacon Hills was going through, more specifically what the McCall pack was going through. They knew trouble was here, but they had yet to find out it was within Stiles Stilinski, their friend and one of the only humans in the pack, who has harboring an evil spirit within him.

As mentioned though, no one knew that little dark secret, which included the seventeen-year-old brunette who had just began lighting candles upstairs in her room. The power had went out from the brutality that was the storm outside, raindrops ruthlessly falling down and pounding against the roof of her home. From outside her window, she could see lightening flash as a warning for the imitating thunder that immediately followed afterward.

The candlelight provided a nice, dimmed luminosity to her average-sized bedroom; she was finally able to turn off the built-in flashlight her phone possessed and crawl into bed now, expecting to get through the rest of her night being comfortable and undisturbed by the outside world. Her parents had gone away on their annual trip to Florida to visit her older brother, which she was invited to, but decided to stay due to the problematic circumstances her and her friends were experiencing. Avery didn't want to leave her friends alone at a time like this.

Even now as the exhausted girl let her body relax on the mattress of her bed, two pillows supporting her head, she remembered her conversation with Scott vividly. They were in his spacious kitchen, her elbows leaning against the island in the middle while he stood on the adjacent side, brown eyes filled with sincerity. He had wanted her to go with her parents, to not let the complications popping up be a reason for her stay back. The raven-haired boy was worried about her, and about how she might get hurt. Really he was worried about everyone's safety.

Of course, Avery didn't listen. She knew what she wanted to do, and once her mind was made up, there wasn't much you could do to change it. Scott knew that as well; that's why they ended the opposing conversation with a heartfelt hug before he graciously gave her a ride home. Although that was yesterday, and she wasn't by herself last night, Lawrence and Katherine Briar's flight didn't leave until this morning. More importantly now the brunette was as vulnerable as ever, and a certain someone was well aware of that.

Loud pounding on her front door made her eyelids, that had just fluttered shut, snap back open. The human sat up in her bed also, pushing away the thick blanket she had thrown over herself prior, and she reluctantly let her bare feet come in contact with the cold, hardwood floor. The white, long-sleeved shirt she was wearing and cotton shorts seemed more exposing now that she wasn't cuddled up with numerous pillows and blankets, but nevertheless she picked up her phone from the end table beside her, and slowly made her way towards where the noise had came from.