THREE ━ THE RISE OF A FLAME

chapter three

IT SEEMED TO HER THAT Void had left her alone for eternity, not several hours

IT SEEMED TO HER THAT Void had left her alone for eternity, not several hours. She was being overdramatic obviously, but sitting and wandering around a mostly empty room proved to be quite boring. After two hours of letting her feet pad around the dirty floor, searching for something she could use to break the door handle, she finally gave up and took a seat on the chair see remembered she couldn't wait to get out of.

The human luckily was able to find a connecting bathroom during her time here, and even though it didn't necessarily look the nicest, the girl had to pee and made herself use it anyway. She was also quite thirsty and planned to drink some water from the facet, but it didn't look that clean when she turned the knob, so she forgot about that idea despite the dryness of her throat irritating her. As for food, there wasn't anything editable at all, which meant Avery had to sulk around with an empty stomach.

Eventually the exhausted girl ended up curling up in the most comfortable position she could get in on the reclined chair, too tired to care about staying awake to defend herself if he suddenly came back. Then again, at this point, the brunette began wondering that maybe he never was going to, that he was going to leave her here to die a slow and painful death. She shivered at the thought, though goosebumps were already forming on her skin from not wearing warmer clothing.

Avery was miserable nonetheless, whether it was the fox's intention or not, and ultimately she decided she didn't care why he did the things he did. He was clearly the enemy, he was trying to hurt everyone she loved, and she was supposed to hate him. It wasn't hard at all for her to do just that in that moment, anger rising within her by just thinking about what he did to her and what he was currently doing to Stiles. She even fell asleep listing all of the things she despised about him, knowing better to remind herself of the faint good.

VOID WAS A LITTLE SURPRISED when he opened up the door because she didn't immediately pop up and try to hit him with a random object she had found. He even shifted his head to look on either sides of the door frame, expecting her to be crouched down and ready to slip by him to run away. His heart dropped thinking she had figured out a way to leave, even though the rational side of him knew that was impossible.

A breath of relief was exhaled when he finally spotted her laying down, asleep, where she was when he originally departed. His footsteps were quiet as he approached her, letting himself gravitate towards her like he had been wanting to all day. She was out of his sight, but certainly not out of mind; the human was about all he could think about when he let Stiles take over and go through with his tests at the hospital. Luckily enough for him, the supernatural creature still managed to get the things he wanted done, tricking everyone until the end of the night where the precious tragedy he desired unfolded.

People got hurt, chaos broke out, but unfortunately he didn't get to witness everything. Once the power started going haywire like he planned, the dark fox got dressed and left the premises without being detected, a little encounter with Noshiko being the only unexpected thing that happened. To conclude the hectic night, Void drove away in Stiles' Jeep, knowing he left a lot of trouble for the McCall pack to deal with.