Chapter Two

"It doesn't look like anything to me" Rory commented as she leant her head against the back window – Allison and Lydia had barged into Rory's apartment thirty minutes prior using the spare keys that the brunette had given them, the older Argent girl dragging both of her friends to her car to drive to meet up with Scott.

"It's a pattern. It means something" Allison informed the girl sternly.

"You really think Scott's gonna know what it is?" Lydia questioned, casting a glance back at her best friend, the pair sharing a doubtful look.

"No, but he might know someone who does" Allison shook her head gently as she turned down a dark street, where the only light that was prominent was coming from a house party on the other end of the street.

"How are you so sure that it means anything at all?" Rory questioned as she leant forwards to look at her cousin.

"Because that girl wasn't just looking for Scott" Allison informed her cousin,
"It was like she needed to find him. Like she had to. And that means something"

Rory let out a huff as she flopped back into her seat, her arms folding in front of her chest,
"You know these bruises aren't even on your arm, right?"

"Rory, can you please just cooperate?!" Allison asked in annoyance as she glanced back at the girl in the rear-view mirror.

"No, because I had a brilliant night of baking and binge-watching The Walking Dead and eating excessive amounts of pasta" Rory said in exasperation.

"Well, I'm sorry that your giant plans got cancelled" Allison commented sarcastically causing Rory to huff again.

"They did not get cancelled, you inserted yourself into them and then changed them by dragging me out of my apartment using the key I gave you for emergencies"

"Rory" Allison said as she pulled up in front of the house that Scott was in, turning around in her seat to send her cousin a look,
"That girl needed to find Scott and those bruises mean something"

"You two have the greatest relationship ever" Lydia commented with a small smirk.

"This is unbelievable" Rory muttered as she undid her seatbelt and pulled open her door.

"The good kind?" Allison questioned with a small playful smile.

Rory scoffed as she turned to face Allison, who was getting out of the seat in front of her,
"What do you think?"

"This isn't the talk we were gonna have, is it?"

Rory and Lydia fixed Scott with a look that silently told him that they were extraordinarily unimpressed with the boy's assumption, although the brunette was the only one to voice it,
"And why would Lydia and I be here for that?"

"Ignore her, it's past her bed time" Allison said nonchalantly before reaching back for Rory's unbruised arm,
"We have to show you something"

Allison tugged harshly on Rory's arm causing her to hold out her bruised arm, Lydia mirroring the girl's action so that the werewolf could see them. Scott's eyes analysed the bruises, he gently took ahold of Rory's arm to keep it in place as he looked from the bruises to the trio of girls.