Chapter Eight

If you were to ask Aurora Argent what she was doing at her school in the middle of the night in her pyjamas, she would simply respond with, I don't know.

Rory could have sworn that she was sleeping and it was all a dream, that was how foggy her mind was. And she was sleeping, at one point, but when she thought that she was still dreaming she'd thrown herself out of bed and walked out of her apartment, gotten into her car and ended up at the school where Lydia met up with her.

It was kind of concerning, it was a cold night and Rory didn't have any shoes on, or warm clothing.

"Where are they?" Stiles questioned as he and Scott clambered out of his Jeep.

Allison was the first person that the pair had called when Lydia got to the school, then Scott, then Stiles.

"Over here" The elder Argent called out from where they were standing.

"Lydia? Rory?"

"It's the same thing" Lydia began,
"The same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different and ended up here – where Rory already was"

All eyes shifted from the strawberry blonde to the brunette,
"I don't know, okay? I swear I was still sleeping. I was having this dream about a woman, she was running through the school and then she just stopped, she stopped running, she stopped breathing and then she was bleeding and dead, and then I was here with Lydia asking me if I was okay"

"And you told us to call you if we find a dead body" Lydia tacked on.

Stiles recoiled slightly,
"You found a dead body?"

"Not yet" Rory informed him.

"Not yet?" Stiles echoed earning nods from both girls,
"What do you mean, not yet? Rory, you're supposed to call us after you and Lydia find the dead body"

"Oh, no, we're not doing that again" Lydia objected with a shake of her head,
"You find the dead body from now on"

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" Stiles questioned before pointing between the pair,
"You guys always find the dead body"

"Oh no, I dream about dead bodies enough, I'm done with finding them" Rory shook her head sternly,
"It's not a very good best friend activity"

Stiles gave her a blank look,
"Rory-"

"No!" Rory cut him off,
"No more dead bodies"

"Guys" Scott called out catching all of their attention,
"I found the dead body"

Rory was going through her locker, switching certain books out for other ones while Stiles observed her, thinking back to what Cora had said the day before when he went looking for Derek,
"My mother always knew that Rory would be different, that she would be special. We were supposed to protect her from Kate and the side of her family, we were supposed to teach her how to be who she is, teach her how to use her magic, and we failed. It's Derek's biggest regret – that he didn't get to raise his daughter, that he didn't get to help her through all of this. You saw what happened the other day, she knew he was in trouble before we did; she can deny that she's psychic until she's blue in the face, but she kind of is. She's a natural-born witch that comes from a line full of werewolves – she has a lot of power, power that she'll need help controlling and using – help that we were supposed to give."