Chapter Six

"I've seen worse"

They all turned to stare incredulously at Scott, causing him to shrug slightly.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles demanded of his best friend with a frown.

"Listen up" Coach called out to the large group,
"The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up"

Lydia and Allison both quickly grabbed Rory's hands, keeping the trio close together as Coach continued,
"Choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves"

Rory moved forwards and grabbed a key from Coach, who sent the girl a look, watching her go back over to Lydia and Allison before he looked away from her. Stiles' jacket that was comfortably wrapped around her being the reason that he'd watched her so closely.

"Staying all together?" Allison questioned her two closest friends.

"Absolutely" Rory nodded as she held up the key.

"We can't stay here" Lydia grabbed Rory's arm making her wince quietly as the strawberry blonde accidentally pressed down on the bruises.

"It's kind of the only place we've got, Lyd" Rory pointed out with a small shrug.

"Lydia?" Allison called out softly.

"I don't like this place" Lydia informed the pair bluntly.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place" Allison attempted to joke, but dropped her joking tone noticing that Lydia was serious,
"It's just for one night"

"A lot can happen in one night" Lydia commented as she exchanged a look with Rory.

"Come on, babe" Rory gently hooked her arm through Lydia's,
"We'll be alright, especially if we stay together"

"So I have five" Stiles informed his best friend as the pair laid back on their beds in the motel room that they were occupying.

"Five?" Scott questioned with a small frown,
"You have five suspects?"

"Yeah, it was originally ten" Stiles informed him nonchalantly,
"Well, nine technically, I guess. I had Derek on there twice"

"So, who's number one? Harris?" Scott questioned in amusement as he glanced over at Stiles.

"Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead" Stiles pointed out seriously.

"So, if he's not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices?" Scott questioned for clarification.

"Yeah, I guess that just sounded way better in my head" Stiles muttered in realisation.

"Well, what if it's somebody else from school?" Scott suggested,
"Like, you remember Matt? We didn't know that he was killing people"

Stiles rapidly sat up and cast a sharp look over at his best friend,
"Excuse me? I'm sorry, what? I – yes, we did. I called that from day one, actually"

"Yeah, but we never really seriously thought that it was Matt" Scott said nonchalantly as he sat up and faced Stiles.

"I was serious. I was quite serious, actually" Stiles said sternly,
"Dead seriously. No one listened to me"