Chapter 9 : Sunrise

-3rd POV-

"Good morning." A deep voice spoke out from behind Kaila, belonging to Kaname Kuran.

The Cross-Yagari daughter was sitting in the school's garden, staring at the sunrise peacefully.

She turned around, her teal-blue hair whipping around her shoulder gracefully, almost as if on purpose.

Seeing it was the Pureblood Vampire, her eyebrow twitched.

"It's you again." She sighed, turning back to continue watching the sunrise.

Kaname chuckled, and took a seat next to her.

"Rough week huh?" He asked teasingly, knowing clearly what went down since her arrival.

Kaila gave out a sarcastic laugh, and sighed afterwards.

"You have no idea, first I found out that I've been easily replaced by my father, then my boyfriend cheats on me, and now I'm being bugged by a Pureblood." She almost gave him a sad smile, looking up once again at the sky.

The Kuran nodded, "And I'm that certain Pureblood."

"My, does it seem like you're flirting?" Kaila looked at him suspiciously, unsure of his motivations to befriend her.

Kaname shrugged, "Maybe."

Kaila rolled her eyes jokingly but giggled, her cheeks a soft shade of pink.

"Maybe you're not so bad after all, you just had the wrong first impression." Kaila smiled.

Kaname looked away, trying to fight off the blush threatening to rise on his face, "Yeah."

The two sat in comfortable silence, watching the sun rise.

Kaname looked back at the half-demon, taking in her features.

Her eyes were closed as she breathed in, a soft smile on her face.

Kaname took her hand gently and softly placed with his, intertwining them.

Kaila looked at him with wide eyes.

"I know I might be the last person you'll ever trust here," He started, as blue eyes stared at him in confusion.

"But if you ever need a friend, I'll be here. Even though I want you to be my queen." The second sentence made Kaila chuckle.

"I literally just kicked you in the nuts two nights ago, and now you're professing your undying love for me? You're a weird being, Kuran." Kaila's words made Kaname chuckle.

"That hardly felt like anything." He retorted.

"Sure it didn't. But thank you for the offer, I'll think about it." Kaila's eyes connected with Kaname's for a moment, and it seemed as if time froze.

They both stared at each other, and Kaname glanced at her lips.

Kaname slowly leaned in, Kaila pushed him away softly.

"We can't do this. I literally just got out of a relationship." She whispered against him, giving him  sad smile.

Kaname nodded, though he was disappointed.

"If I ever get over him, then we'll talk about 'this'. Please give me time." Kaila said, gesturing to them and stood up.

"It's almost time for you to head back to the Moon Dorms." Kaila pointed towards the Night Class getting ready to leave the classroom and Kaname sighed.

"Farewell for now then," Kaname replied, doing a little bow jokingly, causing Kaila to smile slightly as she watched him walk back to his class.

With Kaname's back facing her, Kaila's face was slightly pink as she pressed her hands against her lips.

Kaila's heart still yearned and cried for Zero, but it seemed to beat faster during that incident with the Pureblooded Vampire.

"Stupid heart. You just met him, you don't even trust him!" She muttered angrily to herself, taking a seat once again on the bench.

"I still love Zero, but he clearly doesn't love me anymore.." A tear slipped out of Kaila's eye and she sighed softly.

More sobs threatened to come out of her, but she fought to calm herself down before anyone sees her like this.

"Love is a useless thing. All you end up in is pain." She mumbled, and looked at where Kaname sat moments ago.

"Stupid Pureblood." Kaila sighed, but it meant otherwise when a small smile fought it's way to her lips.

Zero just happened to be passing by when he heard Kaila having a mini-breakdown.

He saw Kaname walking away to hearing her from the 'Stupid Heart' to the 'Stupid Pureblood', and even noticed the smile.

Zero gritted his teeth.

He was delighted to know that she still loves him, and he loves her too.

It's just that he had feelings for Yuki, and now that Kaname is getting in-between both women dear to him, made Zero annoyed.

"Kuran, why can't you just leave Kaila alone?" He growled.

"You can have Yuki. I'll fight for Kaila."