Chapter 5

Callen walked to his desk his gut still churning, he knew now that Janvier could see him and one false move would result in more harm coming to Eric.

"Any news Nell?" Sam asked as Nell walked into the bullpen.

She shook her head, "Does anyone know where Eric spent his off hours, anything he might have told you about himself?" she asked.

She knew he was gay, but she wasn't going to 'out' him in front of the whole team, not if there was a way she could avoid it.

Callen looked at his watch, "Look guys…it's nearly lunchtime, why don't you all go for something to eat my treat, take Hetty…she seems to be worked up over this, she needs a break…I'll watch the store." He offered.

The others nodded and Nell went to ask Hetty to lunch not noticing the look that Sam shot Callen.

Hetty smiled as she collected her purse and walked over to join them. "I wish you would reconsider Mr. Callen, a break and a clear head might be just what we need." She counseled.

Callen shook his head, "I'm gonna get some sleep, had a rough night." He lied.

Hetty wondered about what he said but for the sake of peace in the ranks took what he said at face value. "Very well, but I will have my cell phone with me if anything changes."

Callen nodded as he watched the group walk out and sighed knowing what was to come.

He waited five minutes until the ground floor was clear of support staff and then he went over to Hetty's desk.

He took his set of lock picks out of his pocket and picked the lock on her desk; he looked through her aliases in her top right hand drawer and opened the second drawer down as his phone rang.

"Lift that folder to the camera Agent G Callen." Janvier's voice slid like cold treacle down the line and Callen shuddered.

He lifted it to the camera, "Is that the one?" he asked.

"Who knows Agent Callen, is there anything else there."

He picked up a file that said Sylvia Pavlenko, "Just this," he said looking at the file.

"This is good..." Janvier said and stopped the same time that Callen did, he had seen a file with Callen G on it. "Bring that." He ordered. "And a few of those driving licenses they should have some addresses on go to those addresses and search them." Janvier ordered. "Oh and leave your resignation on Miss Lange's desk."

"My what?!" Callen stopped and nearly dropped the file.

Janvier smiled his side of the phone. "You didn't think I would leave you there long enough to alert your fellow agents as to your predicament…but then again you wouldn't want them to know anyway would you?" he laughed low and menacingly.

Callen smashed his fist onto the desk, but then sat heavily in the chair to write a note to Hetty. "What do you want me to say?"

Janvier smiled.

"Dear Miss Lange, You are the cause of all my pain, Eric is missing because I failed and I failed because you failed me. I cannot work here anymore. This is my resignation." He told Callen to write.

Callen wrote the note and placed it on her desk.

"Take your bag and leave…If you have double crossed me I will know, you have two hours to search Hetty's home and I will call you again with a time and place to meet up. Remember if I hear that you have let them know in anyway…" Janvier stopped as Eric screamed again in the background.

"God...NO!" Callen gasped, "I'm doing what you asked… please… Stop!"

"Very well, do not let me down." Janvier hung up the phone.