~Chapter Twenty-Four~

I flew back to LA a week before we were all flying back to Chicago for opening night. I landed and checked my texts. I had one from Darren. I'm picking you up today. Outside the gates :)

I smiled to myself and went to the gate. Darren was there and he hugged me. "I've missed you," he muttered.

"Me too," I said.

"Your appointment is tomorrow and then the whole cast missed you, so you're coming back to work with me. I don't care if you like it or not," Darren smiled. I grinned back.

"It's good to be back," I said.

"Glad you're happy. Let's go home. Chuck is still here and Mom popped in for a bit," Darren explained as we started the ride home. I took his hand over the dashboard.

"Okay. I'm also very done with this cast," I said, motioning to my arm.

"But it's almost gone. I had a chat with the doctor and he said that it should be healed soon," Darren said. I beamed.

"I hope so! Work has been hard!" I exclaimed.

"Well, for now, let's go home. Settle in. Tomorrow, we'll go to your appointment," Darren said. We both went inside where I embraced my family.

"I cannot believe that monster of a human being!" Mom exclaimed. I sat by her.

"He knows his place. And is there a place where I could hypothetically acquire a machete or pepper spray at least?" I asked.

"Drugstore," Chuck answered, tossing me his keys.

"Chuck," I said, holding them, puzzled.

"Yeah?"

"I don't know how to drive in the US," I said. He face-palmed.

"I'll teach you. With any sort of license, you can drive here. Come on," he said. I followed behind him eagerly and he backed out of the garage and we switched spots.

"Wait, it's the same!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah! You caught on quickly. Go slowly," he said. I buckled in and adjusted everything. I got the hang of it pretty easily.

"Can I drive there? Give me directions," I said. Chuck nodded and we made it there in around ten minutes. After getting some pepper spray and a Swiss Army knife, we drove back.

"My little sister learned to drive in a backwards system within seconds," Chuck bragged when we entered. Darren hugged me.

"I'm proud of you," he said. Mom and Julia joined in the hug as I held Sophia.

This must be how it feels to have a home.

Later that night, I was working while watching A New Hope. I liked Star Wars but I wouldn't consider myself a fanatic, however. I just liked this movie.

"Need any help?" Mom asked me. I shook my head.

"Thanks for asking, but I'm good. I have to send them off tonight, so I'm checking them for a final time," I explained, doing just that. I sent the email and closed my laptop and snuggled close into Mom's side. She pulled me closer.

The next day, I ended up getting a brace on my wrist that went up to my elbow. I could properly wash my wrist. After my appointment, I went with Darren to work. It was great to see everyone again. I missed them. "Did you finish?" Chris asked me when I entered, nearly strangling me. I nodded.

"It was phenomenal. I cried at the end," I said.

"Well, wait a year and you can get the next one," he said. I smiled and sat in the back to watch.