➵ o n e

➵ ⁘ ➵

➵ ⁘ ➵

Darkness. Maddie's eyes opened only to be greeted with pure black, as if she hadn't opened her eyes at all. The black emptiness closed in on her, there wasn't a source of familiarity or light anywhere. Frantically searching for a glint of hope in the darkness, her panic began to rise, even more so when she tried to move, but couldn't. She wriggled her body around, and realised that she was tied up. The rope was digging into her ankles and wrists, her arms tied behind her back. She was pressed against a wall, but in no way bound to it. She just couldn't move at all, even if the rope wasn't there. She tried to call out for help, only to find herself gagged. She broke out in a cold sweat and began to shake, panicking completely. She felt vulnerable. Absolutely vulnerable.

"Well, well, well," a deep, dark voice came from the shadows. Maddie turned her head to find the voice, but she couldn't tell where it was coming from. "The pretty little robin's awake." She heard heavy footsteps clomping towards her. That voice. It was hauntingly familiar, making the panic within Maddie's blood worsen. She tried to speak, but all was incomprehensible gibberish. "That won't work, I'm afraid." The voice got louder, the footsteps closer.

All of a sudden, a blinding light bulb switched on, dangling right in front of Maddie. She winced and her eyes closed, rejecting the amount of sudden light.

"Don't close your eyes, my dear." The voice whispered in Maddie's ear, a finger running along her jaw and chin. That's when it hit her. She didn't even have to see his face. The voice. The rough and hungry touch. Him. Maddie desperately tried to cry out for help. The gag obscured her ability to make anything more than noises. She felt a daunting relief when the gag was ripped out of her mouth. She felt the tears sting in her eyes.

"F-fuck off... g-get away..." She stammered. She never would respond to someone belittling her in such a way, but he made her feel far too vulnerable and helpless to speak up. God knows what he'd do to her if she tried to stand against him. He wanted her in his control, and that's what she was forced to give in to.
"Ah ah ah, dear. You're not getting away from me this time." The man the voice belonged to appeared in the light, finally. His face made her feel physically sick. His face made her anxiety rocket. "You're mine, my dear." He whispered, sending an uncomfortable shiver down her spine. The minute his hands made contact with her skin, Maddie froze completely. There was nothing she could do. She was helpless. He was in control. She was under his command. And there was nothing she could do.

"Your little boyfriend won't be able to save you, dear." He whispered against her neck as the cold metal of a knife dug into her arm. She let out a squeak of pain as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"No... no... no... please..." She muttered, beginning to sob.

**

"No... please..." Jay looked down at Maddie in concern as she muttered in her sleep. She was rested against his chest, they were just laying on Maddie's bed. Maddie had been quite down and anxious recently for reasons she had avoided telling Jay. However, the states she had been in just told him to leave it alone and that she'd tell him when she was ready. But, Jay had been with her a lot to make sure she was okay and wasn't alone for too long, since that's when it seemed to be the worst.
Jay had eventually managed to get Maddie to sleep, but she was now stirring, and had a distressed look on her face that Jay didn't like at all.

"Hey... Red... Maddie..." He spoke softly, stroking her cheek. "It's okay... I'm here..." He muttered, rocking the redhead slightly. Suddenly, she jolted upright, her eyes filled with fear and her whole body shaking. She was breathing heavily, and there were tears on her cheeks. "Mads..." Jay pulled her back into his chest and stroked her hair, resting his chin on the top of her head. Maddie buried her face in his chest as he rocked her. He had dealt with this a lot, and though he wanted to know what was wrong, he didn't dare question it again. When he had, it had caused an argument between them. So, he had decided that it was best to wait until she was ready to tell him, for whatever it was, it was something big.

"I-I'm okay..." She spoke shakily after a while of Jay soothing her. He tilted her head upwards by her chin and looked into her eyes.

"Are you sure?" He asked seriously. Maddie nodded slowly and Jay let go of her chin, leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss to her lips.

"Yes... for now..." She muttered, falling into his embrace once again.

Their relationship had gone strong for six months now. They had gotten to know each other more, trusted each other more. However, there were still some boundaries and secrets that they kept from each other. Maddie's current issue being one of them. The pair also hadn't said those three words to each other yet. Six months was a long time to go without saying it yet, but Maddie wanted to wait. If Jay wasn't ready, then she didn't want to shock him with it.

"Are you coming to school today?" He asked as she snuggled into his chest.

"Maybe... I need to go talk to Ben though." She sighed slightly. Her shaking was starting to stop now and she was overall calming down. Being in Jay's arms always calmed her.

"I miss you, you know." He said, looking down at her face. She looked up at him and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Miss me? You see me everyday, Muscles." She pointed out.

"Yeah but I miss seeing your beautiful face around school every day." He poked her nose and watched it twitch ever so slightly.

"I'll try, Muscles." She cracked a smile. He planted a soft kiss on her lips and then sat up, reluctantly moving his arm from around her. She pouted slightly. "Where are you off to that's better than cuddling me?" She questioned. Jay turned around and looked at Maddie as she wrapped a blanket around her shoulders.

"Tourney practise, Red." He reminded her.

"Oh, right..." She looked down at her hands and picked at her nails slightly.

"We miss having you on the team, you know." Jay said. "Having you boss us boys around. We all miss you."

"Well apart from Prince Jerk." She muttered.

"Well yeah, but that dick doesn't matter." Jay stood up from the bed and then leaned down, kissing Maddie's forehead. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah." She nodded and smiled slightly as Jay headed towards the door. "Jay?" She said as he opened the door.

"Yeah?" He asked, looking at her. Maddie looked at him. The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she just couldn't get them out of her mouth.

"Give Prince Jerk a punch from me." She said instead of what she wanted to say. Jay smiled back and nodded before leaving the room.

➵ ⁘ ➵