➵ f o u r

( TRIGGER WARNING : RECALLS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. )

➵ ⁘ ➵

➵ ⁘ ➵

Maddie was still curled up in a ball on her bedroom floor. She had her head rested against the side of her bed, her eyes closed as tears rolled down her cheeks. Bit by bit, her whole world was crashing down. She couldn't move. She was numb.

"Maddie? Are you decent?" Came a knock on her door. Maddie opened her eyes and lifted her head, her eyes drifting to the door.

"Hm." Was all she could manage to say. She made an attempt

to wipe the tears from under her eyes. Elyse opened the door and gasped.

"Maddie?" She said, rushing in and closing the door behind her, kneeling in front of the crying girl. "Are you okay?" Maddie debated in her mind for a moment. Fake it or don't? She had a feeling that faking would get her nowhere with Elyse... but she wasn't ready to talk.

"Y-yeah..." Maddie wiped her eyes. "Just stupid things..." She muttered, averting her gaze away from Elyse. She was shaking. Shaking quite a bit.

"And I know that's absolute bullshit." Elyse said, scooting closer to the redhead and wrapping her arms around her. Maddie fell into Elyse's arms and began to sob again. She knew there was no point trying. She didn't even know why she'd attempted to. Elyse could see right through her. And it wasn't often Maddie got in states like this so there had to be a reason. "It's okay.... it'll be alright." Elyse soothed, rocking back and forth. Maddie continued to cry in Elyse's arms. She couldn't explain what her tears were from. Multiple things. Jay. Him. Her nightmares. Everything. "Talk to me. What's wrong?" Elyse said softly. Maddie just shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Well... whatever it is, it'll be alright..." Elyse continued, just soothing the redhead and trying to calm her down.

**

"Are you ready to talk about it?" Elyse asked as both girls sat on the floor, leaning against Maddie's bed, drinking some tea. Elyse had successfully managed to calm Maddie down a bit. Maddie looked down at her mug, a frown forming across her lips.

"I don't think I ever can be." She muttered.

"Take your time." Elyse sighed. "But I want to know why you completely broke down crying and have been faking being sick for the past week." Maddie let out a sigh and kept her gaze on her mug. Her hands slowly began to shake again.

"Something happened... just about a year ago..." She said slowly. "That time where I went home for a few weeks... I wasn't... ill..."

"Then what was it?" Elyse asked quietly, removing the mug from Maddie's hands before she dropped it. Maddie took a few deep breaths.

"When... I was... dating Ben..." She began, tears already beginning to well in her eyes. "We were going to go on a date... and when I was walking alone..." She took a shaky breath and froze up.

"Maddie?" Elyse said, sitting up straight. "Are you..."

"This man..." Maddie cut Elyse off, keeping her eyes tightly closed. "He... he was just... so disgusting... he was saying these things to me... a-and..." Maddie let out a sob. "Next thing I knew... I-I was pinned to the wall... m-my shirt was off... and h-his hand... it was in..." She couldn't finish. Her breath caught in her throat and she broke down into tears and sobs.

"Oh my god." Elyse said, hugging Maddie. Maddie froze at the physical contact and just cried and sobbed. In a way, it felt a little better to talk about it, but it hurt and she hated it. It just made her have to think about it more. Elyse sat there just hugging her, and trying not to explode in a rage, instead allowing some tears to escape her own eyes

"I-if Ben hadn't have walked past... then..." Maddie sobbed, taking shaky and irregular breaths.

"Oh my Lord..." Elyse whispered. Maddie closed her eyes, desperately trying to shut out the flashbacks. However, it only made them more prominent. She couldn't breathe.

"He will never touch you again, if I have any say about it". The ice princess continued.

"He... he can't..." Maddie opened her eyes. "He was sent to the Isle..." She looked Elyse dead in the eyes. "You can't tell anyone I told you about this. Please. You and Ben are the only people that know."

"I won't. Cross my heart." Elyse promised.

"Thank you." Maddie sighed. She was still shaking but overall, she felt a bit calmer. She knew that she wasn't just crying over that, she was crying over Jay too. But telling Elyse that would result in her freezing him, so it wasn't the best idea. It was best to leave it how it was.

"I'm here for you." Elyse said softly, rocking her back and forth again. "Always."

( A/N: If you have ever been affected by sexual assault, or any kind of assault for that matter, please do not do what Maddie did. PLEASE speak out about it. People are there to help you. My DMs are always open for anyone who wishes to talk about anything <3 )

➵ ⁘ ➵