The More That Unfolds...

*Trigger Chapter Warning*

Terry pulled up to his house, seeing flashing lights and crime scene tape all around blocking off the house. "Mr. Howard! I'm Chief Anderson. We have forensics dusting the house for finger prints and checking for blood. It looks like maybe there was a fight, but we can never be too sure. We still haven't been able to reach your wife-" "She's not my wife. Ex fiancee, that's all," Terry cut off the man, staring into his home. "Well we haven't found her, and here is the letter we did find. Maybe you recognize the handwriting?" Chief Anderson held up a ziplock bag, showing it to Terry.

He looked at it closely, knowing who wrote the note. "She wrote that letter. Amira did it and I have no idea why," Terrence confessed. "Well we will look into it and see if we can get a location on her. I'd suggest you move or get some security around here. If she did this, then who knows if she will try and strike again," the officer informed Terrence. "Thank you sir. Can I go inside and see what's left?" Terry asked. "Yes sir. Just try not to go in areas where they are working. We don't want an area contaminated while they are obtaining evidence," Chief Anderson pointed out.

Terry made his way inside, seeing his furniture cut into many pieces. Pictures taken off the walls, vases and mirrors thrown on the floor, glass everywhere. His hard work destroyed. He felt his heart grow cold seeing everything he worked on and for just obliterated. He went up the stairs, not one thing left in the master bedroom. But he peaked in Q's room, everything still in place. Not a single thing had been tampered with. He closed his eyes, taking a few deep breaths. "Sir, do you have a security camera? Maybe we can see who helped her do this?' Chief asked.

"If anything she already turned it off or deleted the footage. My office has the main screen that shows the security footage," Terry guided the officers to the office. He pulled up the footage, but like he expected, nothing was there. She wiped it clean and even took the backup drives that he had installed. "Do you know why she would do all of this? It can't be just because you two aren't getting married anymore," a rookie officer asked. "She overdosed and just got out of the hospital and we got into an argument about her harming herself in front of Quinton. I didn't think she would do something this low," Terry spoke out, looking at his book shelf.

He saw the engagement ring he bought Amira sitting there. He grabbed it, finding a small note under it. "I have more than you think. Leave that bitch and those kids or I make your life a living hell. He crumpled up the paper, putting the ring in his pocket. "Well whatever her reason is, it doesn't help us believe that Quinton is in a safe environment. We're going to put out a missing child report. Do you have a recent photo of the boy?" Chief asked. Terry reached in his wallet, pulling out a picture that he carried of Q and Amira.

He handed the photo over, not wanting to see Amira, not even a picture of her. The officers left, off to do their job and search for the missing persons. Terry made sure his keys were in hand, leaving the house. He looked at his phone, 22 missed calls from Taraji. He sighed not knowing what to say to her. Does he do what Amira is forcing him to do or does he close the door on this chapter of his life. He had no problem walking away from Amira, but he couldn't walk away from that innocent 6 year old that he had been raising.

He went for a drive around the city, not thinking of the time. A couple hours later, he found himself in front of the very restaurant he met Amira at. She seemed nice and sweet. Scared about her past and the pimp who was chasing her down around the state, but she appeared to be a woman that he could help, as well as someone he could love into a better state of mind. He sped off, shaking the memories from his mind. "Should've left her ass alone when she told you she was hiding from someone. Why did you have to be captain save a hoe?" He talked to himself as he cruised onto the freeway.