The Truth Will Come Out

The next morning Q woke up after only 3 hours of sleep. Dragging himself out of bed, he went to the bathroom, getting himself together for school before Kahlil came in to get on his ass. "Just give them the note. Act normal," Q recited to himself as he looked at himself in the mirror. He wasn't sure that the note would work but he was beyond hopeful at this point. Maybe this would actually make it back to court and he'd get to go with Terrence. He walked to the kitchen, ready to eat. "You up early as shit. Trynna be on yo boss shit I see," Kahlil voiced. "Yeah. I'm going to school today right?" Q asked, getting a plate from Pebbles.

"Mmhmm but we gotta do something first," Kahlil said. "What is it?" Q questioned, stabbing at his plate. "Just a little routine morning thing. It won't take too long. Make sure you got your shit when we leave," Kahlil waved Pebbles over, grabbing a fistful of hair as soon as she was close enough. "This shit better be cleaned up before I get back. You hear me!?" He growled in her ear. She nodded, avoiding eye contact. Q watched in silence, fear in his eyes for one of the only people there that was actually nice to him and not because he was Kahlil's son. Kahlil shoved her back, getting up and walking towards the door.

"Let's go," he grumbled, his mood uneasy to read. As the two got in the car, Q found himself relaxing a tiny smidge. All he had to do was get through whatever lesson Kahlil was going to teach today and then he'd be at school where he could pass off his note. A couple minutes had passed and they still were sitting in front of the house. "I thought we were leaving," Q voiced, sinking into his seat once Kahlil glared back at him. A few more minutes had passed before Dayveon was seen walking out. A mischievous smile crept onto the 13 year olds face as he kept eye contact with Q. "Where are we going?" Q asked before Dayveon opened the door.

"Shut up and learn something. Always asking questions that have answers coming up," Kahlil spat. Q let out a deep breath, holding his backpack close to his body. As they went to this mysterious location, Q reached into his backpack, feeling for his note that he had written. He held a straight face as he looked in every corner, coming up empty every time. His heart raced as he sunk in the seat. Dayveon looked at him, smirking from the panic on Q's face. They're going to kill me. I'm dead. He found my letter and I'm dead. That's why he let me eat before school. Ugh I'm so stupid. Q fought himself, not realizing that they had stopped.

"Get out!" Kahlil barked, scaring Q out of his head. The three got out the car, nothing but grass was seen aside from the small house that sat in the middle of acres. "Where are we?" Q asked, feeling uneasy. "This is where we go to confess our... sins if you will. Here they get forgiven... for a price depending on the severity of em," Kahlil explained, facing the house. Q stood silently, trying to figure out if he should confess to the note or not. "Dayveon you wanna start?" Kahlil asked the older son. "I went through your shit and robbed you," the 13 year old quickly threw out. Kahlil stared at Q, waiting for his reaction.

"I..I I I don't care. Not like I can do anything with the money," Q said, his head hanging down. "The nigga takes yo shit. Your personal possessions and you don't care? Nigga you better grow a back bone or you getting robbed for everything you'll ever have in life. He stole what you needed!" Kahlil elaborated, wanting to see some anger come from Q. "I don't care. He's my brother so it's okay," Q told him. "So because you share some blood then you think it's cool to let a mothafucka walk all over you!? Guess you expecting that from me huh!?" Kahlil growled. Q took a step back, bumping into Dayveon. "Time for today's lesson," Kahlil voiced before Q was met with a flying fist.

Meanwhile

Taraji sat in her car, staring at the time. She had only gotten 2 good hours of sleep last night. Her brain too busy trying to figure out where Terrence had went and why he didn't even bother to say goodnight. She didn't expect him to be so upset by his own family. But it wasn't his attitude toward his sister that threw Taraji for a loop. It was his attitude towards her. Was she wrong for inviting family? Was she wrong for saying he changed? She went through the entire situation in her head and still couldn't find a valid reason to go off and disappear for the rest of the night. She pulled out her phone, dialing his number as she made her way to campus.