[05]

Aaron kicked her stand down to balance her motorcycle, although she didn't get off of it right away

Aaron kicked her stand down to balance her motorcycle, although she didn't get off of it right away. The girl was afraid to walk up to the porch, to sit at the table and find out what Sam Uley had found out.

What if she was some disgusting creature that hasn't completely taken form? What if whatever this was is going to kill her? All of these questions have been filtering through her mind since she woke up at 4 AM and saw the message.

With a heavy sigh, she got off of her bike and walked up to the porch. The door swinging open to reveal Emily who pulled her into a hug. She escorted her to the table where Billy Black and Sam were sitting.

"Are you ready, Aaron?" Billy questioned looking up from his steaming mug. Emily placed a replica right in front of her informing her it was hot chocolate. She took a sip to avoid answering his question for a tad bit longer.

"Yeah, I am. I haven't had these powers for a long time, but I want to know why this is happening to me," She informed him clutching the mug, her rings hitting it making a clanging noise.

He sighed. "When you are close with someone and they go through a tough emotional tragedy and they don't handle it well, you usually are there to comfort them. To tell them that it'll be alright. When someone like you has someone close to them and it happens, it awakens something inside of you. You get stronger, faster, and will do anything to save them. Their called Guardian. I am assuming it came from your mother's side of the family," he informed Aaron.

She sat back and took all of this in. "If that is true, why did my mother try to kill me? Wouldn't she feel the need to protect me?" Her head was spinning and felt like it was going to explode.

"It passes down from generation to generation so it might have skipped your mother. Though, the urge would be strong within her which is why when she got turned her rage to kill you happened."

A tear slid down her face as her leg shook uncontrollably. After all this time she had finally found out the reasoning for why her mother tried killing her so bad. She knew part of it was Murphy, but the other part was because of this guardian power.

"Is there anything else that I should know about?"

Billy sighed knowing that what he is about to tell her was going to change everything despite what he already told her. This was going to affect her relationships all around her. "If the person you are a Guardian for gets turned into a vampire, you will forever be stuck at that age as well. So, if Bella gets turned now, this is how you'll be stuck as forever."

No one could figure out the expression on Aaron's face. It was completely neutral. Inside rage coursed through her wanting to explode. The girl wanted to break something, throw something, just do something destructive.

Why was she cursed with that? Anyone with a brain knows that Bella is going to do anything to be a vampire with or without Edward. Her self-destructive path is just proof of that right now. The urge to be with Edward is strong and Aaron knew that if Bella could get turned to be with Edward she would.