Ty

"Ty!" He heard his name being called, pulling him from his sleep. Disoriented for a moment, he couldn't understand where he was. When his name was called a second time, he could hear the frustration in the voice and suddenly he could remember where he was and why.

"Yeah, Ma, I'm coming!" He called back. Ty sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes as he stretched awake. Sleepily, he dragged himself down the cherry wood stairs he'd ran up and down countless times as a child. He went straight to the fridge, grabbing the carton of orange juice and lifting it to his lips.

"Ty, I've told you a million times to stop doing that!" His mother scolded.

He shrugged sheepishly before placing the carton back down. "Habit. Sorry, Ma. What did you need?" He leaned in the kiss her waiting cheek, sleep still fighting for control.

"You have a visitor." She pointed to the living room before leaving the kitchen, giving Ty and his guest privacy.

He didn't bother hiding his disappointment when he saw Sammy sitting on the couch instead of Shay. "What are you doing here?" He was only mildly surprised to see her dressed in what he had always told her was his favorite dress. It was too tight in all the right places, accentuating her curves perfectly. Her breasts were pushed up in it, and it used to drive Ty crazy and would always lead to them being late to wherever they were headed. Today, the dress and Sammy in it had no effect on him.

"Andre hadn't seen you, so this was my next stop. Your mom is a shit liar."

Ty scoffed, nodding his head in agreement. "That much is true. You look like hell," he noted as he sat on the arm of the chair furthest from her.

"Yeah, well, I've been crying, what do you expect?" Sammy snapped. At Ty's raised eyebrow, her defensive demeanor shrunk back inside of her. "Sorry," she muttered, feeling small. "Ty, I'm so sorry. You have to believe me."

"Why should I?"

"I didn't mean for it to happen. I know I should have stopped it, stopped her. I'm sorry."

"Sammy, I was ready to marry you! I was giving up my job to be home with you more, to make you happy. And the whole time you were going around behind my back? How am I supposed to believe you, anyways, after what I heard her say?"

Sammy shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "I don't know, Ty. You were just gone so many nights. I needed someone!"

"Needed someone?!" He echoed loudly. "I've been here, Sam! I have been there every single day but it is not my fault if you didn't come to me! What was it? Sex? Money? Attention?"

"All of it!" She cried out, tears shamelessly streaking down her face. "All of it, Ty, is that what you want to hear?!"

He stared at her silently, feeling the anger and hurt course through him. "The truth, Samantha. I want you to tell me the truth. Nothing I gave you was enough." His words were cold even to his own ears.

Sammy's body shook with the intensity of her sobs. "What can I do, Ty?"

He shrugged. "Nothing, Sammy. There's nothing you can do. This wasn't a mistake, this wasn't an accident. You've been doing this for months behind my back. You've been telling her you were going to leave me for her. At least this way your conscience is clear; you aren't doing the leaving."

She scoffed angrily, fishing a tissue out of her purse. "Sure, my conscience is the one that needs clearing. Bet you're ready to put that last new escort of yours to bed. Paid you a pretty penny for a date, imagine a fuck."

Ty stood and crossed the room quickly, dropping to sit on the coffee table in front of Sammy. "What and who I do is no longer your concern, Samantha. I have been loyal to you since day one; you fucked that up. You better leave her name out of this. She has nothing to do with you being a whore. I bet she came back last night, didn't she? After I left. Since you so desperately needed someone and I was never there, I wasn't last night." Her silence and inability to meet his eyes was all the answer he needed. "Did you fuck her last night?"