Shay

Shay adjusted the legs to her pantsuit once more as she fidgeted on the sofa, sitting between both Ty and her mother. "Shaylee," Tana whispered sharply, casting a glance at her daughter. Shay mumbled an apology as the Xantho royals entered the room. The three stood at once, the movement in unison. "Nerida, Elvin. Thank you for meeting us, however it may not be best for young Durin to be here."

"I'm not young, I'm nearly eighteen!"

Nerida placed a hand on his shoulder, silencing his outburst. "It's quite alright, Tana. You may speak in front of him. What is this about?"

Shay fought the urge to stare at the ground and instead lifted her chin, hardening her gaze as she locked onto Avery. Disgustingly, he wore a proud smirk on his face, but she hadn't missed his moment of hesitation when he saw Ty standing beside her. "It's my doing, Nerida. I need to speak to you about your son, and it is our wish that you will react with appropriate repercussions."

Nerida raised an eyebrow. "Go on," Elvin spoke stiffly, narrowing his eyes in Rin's direction.

Shay shook her head. "No, it wasn't Rin. He's been a wonderful guest. It was Avery."

"Avery?" Nerida whipped her head to glare at her son and Shay had a sudden feeling that this wasn't the first time he'd been in trouble with the queen and king. "What have you done now, boy?"

Tana cleared her throat. "If I may, Shaylee?" Shay motioned with her hand, allowing her mother to continue. "Your son attacked my daughter. Yesterday afternoon, he offered her his ear to relieve some of the thoughts weighing her down. They went for a walk and they were in an isolated area of the grounds, and he forced himself on her. He raped my daughter!" Her voice escalated as she spoke, her tone and volume the only signs of her anger.

Avery scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Honestly, this is what we're doing Shaylee? You're telling lies?"

"They aren't lies." Shay's voice was even, as hard as the look in her eyes. "You claimed to love me and demanded my body. When I didn't give it to you, you threatened me with a knife." She stepped towards him, the act more impulsive than deliberate. "I begged you to stop and when I tried to run, you had a chance to let it drop. And you still pursued me, and you forced yourself into me!" She was shouting now and it only made her angrier. Angry at the fact he'd gotten a reaction out of her, angry because this was the fight she had wanted yesterday, and angry that he still looked so smug. "You took something from me that you never earned, that you never deserved!"

"Oh, fuck off it, won't you?" He sneered. "You wanted it; you were so wet for me."

"That's biology, you fucking idiot." Ty's voiced boomed over her heavy breathing, making Avery look to him in shock. Quickly, Shay assessed the two. Ty looked ready to attack Avery, a man whose muscles were nearly twice the size of Ty's. She shuddered as she remembered the force of them holding her in place. Before Shay could stop him, Ty was walking past her and throwing his fist in Avery's face, landing a hit so hard, she could hear the crack of the bones in his nose. "Touch her again, and your nose won't be the only thing broken," Ty threatened, his voice cold. No one moved as Ty made his way back to Shay's side, his hand slipping into hers. She hadn't realized she'd been shaking until he pulled her closer, choosing to wrap his arm around her waist.

"Mother, Father! Are you really going to let that peasant hit me?!"

"Get up, Avery." Elvin demanded, his voice tired. "He's no peasant. Consider yourself lucky to have been hit by the missing prince of Naida."

Avery stood, staring at Ty before breaking out into a fit of laughter bordering nearly maniacal. "Of course you're the prince. It's no wonder Shaylee couldn't keep her slutty little hands off of you!"