Strong hit

I wake up feeling energised and I jump out of bed with about as much enthusiasm as I have felt in years.

I run quickly down to the stairs, Sliding down the railing which gives me a few flashbacks which I do my best to ignore. Walking into the dinning area, I instantly get hit with the overpowering and unexpected smell of delicious looking foods on the table.

Atop of the table, laying next to the meal was a note written in pristinely cursive font. Picking the note up between my ring and middle finger, I read the brief note silently.

Have this, it's yours.

A smile creeps onto my face subtly at the caring gesture before shaking my head to wake myself up more. I need to be quick with this or I'll be late.

After finishing up the food I look at the tall oak wood clock in the corner of the room, it was time to leave.

Hurriedly, I rush to the door checking for any imperfections in my appearance on the way past the hallway mirror.

Firstly I pet my hair down, brushing my fingers through the waves of dark strands to hide the unruly way it naturally poofed in exaggerated curls. Then I tie the bottom of my shirt into a knot to make it shorter and show off my toned stomach which was naturally occurring for succubus but tended to impress the humans, imps and devils of the world.

Not that I'm trying to impress anyone.

I go to reach for the handle but Erik appears out of nowhere grabs my wrist, preventing me from leaving.

"My name" he says and I frown, my eyebrows twisting in confusion.

"Erik?" I offer my instinctual answer but he shakes his head.

"My true name isn't Erik, Terrai, I want you to know my true name If something were to happen" he says and I nod, now understanding what he means.

He leans closer to me and whispers in my ear. "My name is Uzaeris" he says and I make an effort to memorise it. God knows I need to make an effort, remembering names are not my strong suit.

He pulled away from me and smiling despite seeming a bit worried. I wonder what could be making him so nervous? I can handle myself perfectly fine.

"If you're in any danger call my name and I promise I will come and help you" he says his hand brushing down my arm affectionately as he speaks.

"Will do, I'll see you after school" I say, probably not taking this as seriously as I should be. I'm in a rush, I can't really ask any follow up questions. Despite my careless attitude he smiles, lifting my hand up by my slender fingers in his before leaning down to press his lips against my knuckles softly.

"Of course princess" he says, releasing my hand delicately before walking into the dining room.

As if on cue Naomi drove up to the gates with Suzu waving me down causing me to rush out, jumping into the back of the car and we head to school.

We made it to school with no problems and since our lockers are in the same part of the hall we quickly unloaded what we needed.

"Holy crap Riley! What's that on your neck!" Naomi says with great judgment and I cover her mouth.

"Shut up! Ugh- I forgot my scarf" I mutter to myself and I pull out a mirror to see that- if anything the hickeys have become more visible with time instead of fading. God damn it. With all my rushing around this morning I completely forgot about this.

"Shit" I say taking my hair out of the neat pony tail it was in, the curls of my hair being unleashed in a way that thankfully covered my neck and shoulders completely.