Back at it

Wayne:

Two months after Arrows accident, we decide to go on tour again. We didn't want to rush it. We told Dan to take as much time as he needs, but I think it's good that we are on the way again.

Sure, he had to be with his family, how can't you after your daughter had a car accident? But being there, seeing Arrow fighting with her injuries... I don't know, I had a feeling it changed Dan somehow. I talked to Aja and she noticed the same thing. He acted like he was getting paranoid.

The driver, who hit Arrow, wasn't found and after a few weeks, the police stopped the investigation. However, Dan had a lot of time to think and he was sure that his father was the driver.

I get why he does that. To be honest, I share his opinion, but I think it was too much for Dan. His father and the security of his family is all he is thinking about. He got paranoid, locked all the doors and looked if all the windows were closed before they're going to bed, twice! He wouldn't let Aja go alone anywhere unless she convinced him, which took her hours.

He was so anxious about everything, he wouldn't lever the house after 5 pm when it started to get dark outside. And when he did go outside, at day or night, he made sure to never be alone or let anyone be alone.

It was getting too much, all of us noticed that. So the three of us and Aja sat down and decided that it would probably be the best to go on tour again, distract Dan.

And we did that, a week later, we sat in a plane, heading to Europe again.

Now, we're about to go on stage, doing our little preshow rituals.

Dan looks exhausted. Of course, he didn't want to go, but he had no chance against the four of us. In the end, we convinced him that it's the best to go.  He looks like he hasn't been sleeping very well and he lost weight. Hopefully, our plan works and he gets a little bit distracted.

It's clear that we have to pull him out of his comfort zone. He can't continue to live a life like that, always hiding from his father. Who knows, maybe he even forgot about everything. Maybe he doesn't want revenge anymore...

We head on stage. The people are screaming and cheering at the top of their lungs. No matter how much I love being at home, I always enjoy walking on stage and pulling off a great show for our fans. It's good to be back on stage and as I take a quick glance at the others, I can see that they feel the same way.

I focus on the show and try to shove all feelings and bad stuff of the past days away. But no matter how hard I try to enjoy the time on stage, this weird feeling in my gut remains. The feeling that something is wrong.

I try to ignore it. I try to convince myself that it's only a little bit strange to be on stage after the break. That it's only the excitement, but it doesn't work. The feeling won't go away.

I don't let anyone know about it and just play the show as if nothing happens. But about midway through the show, the feeling gets worse again. And it doesn't stop there, I feel like I'm being watched.

Of course, thousands of eyes are laying on me and the others, but it's different. I feel like someone is constantly staring at me from behind. I don't want to turn around, but the feeling that something isn't right gets more intense every minute. I feel like someone is trying to kill me with the eyes.

As we end our second to the last song, I quickly turn around, but the lights get dimmed and everything I can see for sure are some guys of our crew, nothing special. And on one second to another, the feeling of being watched disappears.

I turn around again. Now that I don't have the intense stare in my back, the feeling in my gut gets worse again. I don't know what's wrong tonight. This time, I just ignore it. I play the last song and finish our show without letting anyone know that something might be wrong.

After all, it's probably only my imagination playing with me and I decide to tell no one about it. It's not important and I don't want the others to worry about anything.

As we gather at the front of the stage, I can see that the others enjoy being on stage again. Even Dan looks like some life entered his body again. I don't want to ruin that. I don't want to destroy the great moment.

We bow and head backstage. After a few quick talks, emptying a bottle of water and a few snacks, we all go and take a shower. After that, we have to leave again and drive to the next city.

The show was exhausting and I'm looking forward to a good nights rest, I don't care if I'm sleeping on a bus with the others or in a hotel room on my own. I wait for the others to finish their shower and then we head back to our tour bus.