Chapter 6

You and Yoonbum were currently scrubbing at your shoes and socks, inside the janitors storage closet, watching the dirt flow down into the drain. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this Bum..." You said remorsefully. "It's not your fault!" He exclaimed quickly, almost making you jump. You chuckled as you replied, scrubbing harder at the shoe "Of course it is, I'm an idiot who doesn't pay attention to the weather forecasts. Literally everyone but me brought an umbrella, who's to blame but myself?" You sighed before continuing "I feel so guilty, we're already missing first period"

Yoonbum stared at you for a moment before looking back down at the sock in his hand. "Blame it on the rain..." He mumbled. You glanced at him. "What?" You questioned, not sure you heard him right. "I said," he repeated as he smiled warmly at you "blame the rain" you giggled. "Why, yes. I suppose it is the rains' fault for going along with the natural cycle of precipitation." You said in your best snobby interpretation. You both stayed silent for a second before bursting out in a fit of laughter. Your face turned red from the lack of air, making you lean against Bums' slender body.

He gladly did the same, his heart swelling at the feeling of your warm and soft body against his. "That wasn't even funny!" You snorted out, only laughing even more. You eventually calmed down, continuing to wash away at the dirt that remained; occasionally making some jokes in between the peaceful silence. "Finally, we're done" you exhaled, drying your hands with a white cloth you found after carefully setting your wet belongings on the floor to dry.

"Yeah..." Bum said as he sat on a stool beside you. He stared off into space, not wanting to go back to class yet. "Hey bum," "Yes?" He replied, suddenly feeling your hand gently grab and pull on the damp sleeve of his uniform. "Why didn't you just roll your sleeves up before you started washing?" You questioned. "Ah!" He pulled his arms away by reflex, not wanting to expose his self inflicted scars. Your eyes widened in surprise. "S-Sorry... I didn't mean to-" he stuttered out. "No," you interrupted him "you didn't do anything wrong. Let's head back to class" you grinned at him, making him release a sigh of relief.