Chapter 5

James P.O.V

I really hoped Aleks was okay. I didn't think I did anything wrong. Did he realize that he doesn't like me? I decided to sleep it off and talk to him in the morning.

~*~

I woke up with a small stream of sunlight in my eye. I got up and put some pajamas on instead of just boxers. Then I remembered what happened last night. I went to Aleks' room to make sure he was okay.

I knocked on the door, 'Aleks are you okay?'

'Y-yea um let me just get dressed.'

After about a minute he opened the door and lightly smiled at me then shuffled to the bathroom, head down. I heard the faucet run and a yelp of pain.

'Aleks! Are you sure that you're okay?'

'The water was just a bit too warm. Just washing y face haha.'

I went downstairs and made some cereal for myself. After the bowl was finished Aleks still hadn't come downstairs. I heard a scream. I ran up the stairs to his room. He was in his bed and looked as if he was dying

'Aleks! Aleks! Are you okay? Is everything alright?' He was shaking on his bed and arching his back while holding his chest and screaming and gasping for air.

'I'm dying James! Please help me!'

I was scared. I knew he wasn't dying. Was he having a seizure? What was happening?

Aleks P.O.V

There was little air in my lungs and I was gasping for James to help me. Everything was blurry and messy and I felt like throwing up. I'm dying. This is it. The end. I heard James speak. Or did I speak? It was all fuzzy and black and white. I screamed. Louder than before. Grasping my chest for air, pulling my hair out. Why am I still alive?

'Aleks! You're not dying. It's a panic attack. Do you want water?'

'Go away! Take my clothes off! They're suffocating me! James please help me!'

Ugly, messy, dirty sobs. I threw up and screamed louder, James just watching me. I started to cool down and breathe.

'Aleks you're okay. Now get in the shower and I'll clean the bed okay? Everything will be okay I promise sweetie.'

~*~

Ok so for anyone that doesn't know that is an accurate depiction of a panic attack. I get them sometimes and they're not fun.

-Demi