Chapter 1. My humble home

"Welcome!" Said the older Scamander brother cheerily. His flat was quite simple, two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a good entrance, there was also the veiw of the park in the back, perfect place for him and his baby brother.

Newt's eyes darted around the place, he put his bag down on the rug and stood awkwardly where he is, Theseus sighed, at least he was better than before, when he found him in their parent's house, he was curled in his bed, hugging his knees, eyes swollen and red from crying.

Theseus was at work in the police station when he received the news that his mother died of a sudden illness, Of course a few mournful tears rolled down his cheek, his mother had been a good, no great, mother, and he knew her death would be effective on them. Them.

That was when he remembered About Newton, his 16-year-old brother, he still lived with their parents, well, their parent, their father had left them when Newt was only a baby only to be taken to prison a few years after for some god-knows-what crime, and if there was anyone who was really close to their mum, it was Newton.

He had wondered if Newt would take her death easily like he did, a few (Maybe not so few) tears over the good memories and that's all, but if curling up and sobbing himself to sleep was taking it easy, then Newton was taking it really easy.

Now that their mum was dead, he realized was now Newt's new gaurdian until he was of age, so after the funeral he grapped a very protesting Newt and took him to his new home. Theseus' apartment.

He kicked the door closed and locked the keys, Newt was watching him quietly "So? What do you think?" he asked hopefully. Newt stayed silent, immediately breaking eye contact and staring at his feet.

"It's.. fine." he finally said in a hoarse voice, these were his first words since the 'No, Theseus I can cope on my own---Leave me alone, Theseus, I'm not a child, I don't have to live with you, I don't want to live with you.' which was a good few hours ago, since then he hadn't said a word, not a single word, it was only natural how dry his voice sounded.

He quickly scrambled to the kitchen and came back with a filled cup of water. he gripped Newt's hand, dragging him to the couch and sitting down, pulling him along.

"Drink." He held the cup steadily under his brother's nose. Newt made no attempt to take the cup whatsoever. "Newton, Drink. I'll shove it down your throat if you force me to"

Newt looked about to give a snarky comeback, but seemed to bite it back and tiredly took a hold of the cup in his brother's hand.

Theseus stood up and was about to speak.

"Where's my room?" Newt suddenly asked. He didn't give Theseus a chance to answer. "Not that I mind not having a room or anything, If there's only one room in here, I can sleep on the couch, it's nice, the couch, I like it"

Oh yes. Now Theseus remembered that his brother is the bloody king.. Of awkwardness, Not having contacted him for pretty long, he had forgotten Newt's habit of embarrasing himself.

Once again, he grabbed Newt's hand and walked him further into the flat and to the second bedroom, Newt seemed taken aback by his action, the bedroom used to be his co-worker's old room, Theseus always preferred the urban life, his window was facing one of London’s streets, This room however, was facing the small park behind the building, there was definitely more natural light in it, a lot more air. very Newt-esque, very nature-dedicated.