Prologue

The rain was getting heavier, thunder struck, Theseus' green eyes widened, the weather had been just fine at the funeral, what happened now?

He raced on his feet to his mother's house, His wet brown hair falling on his face, his shoes were muddied and filthy. He didn't seem to care.

He'd been at his mother's funeral only moments ago, the whispers of prayers near the grave still repeated themselves in his head, He had kept himself strong and steady until the funeral was over, Only to break down near her grave after everyone had left.

Her relatives, her friends, her acquaintances, They'd all been there as the coffin was lowered into the grave, There was only person missing, Newton. His brother. Her youngest son.

He quickly fished in his pocket, pulling out a keychain, He recognised the key to his mother's house, it had the Initials 'L +A' carved on it.

He unlocked the door, entered the house and closed it behind him quickly, yelping when another ray of thunder struck.

His mum's house looked newly cleaned. everything in perfect order, the way she liked. He ascended the stairs, There were three rooms, His childhood room, the one he hadn't entered since he had left his mother's house four years ago, his mother's bedroom, and finally a room that had a small sign reading:

"N. Scamander's, Please ask for permission before you enter, a Little knock wouldn't hurt"

Through so much pain, The oldest Scamander chuckled. Of course his ever-so-shy and polite brother would write that on his door.

Disobeying the sign's courteous request, He swung open the door, There was a simple desk in the corner a pile of untidy books lay on top, Mostly all about animals. Newt had always been interested in animals, beasts, strange creatures. their mother had been a vet, which encouraged and somehow started his passion towards them.

Tears rose again in the officer's eyes, he shook off any other thought of his mother, He needed to stay focused.

Theseus walked over to the bed on the opposite corner of the room, his brother was curled up on the bed, heavily asleep, his closed eyes were swollen and puffy, where the tears had streamed down his face made long traces from his eyes through his cheeks.

Theseus gently placed his hand on his brother's shoulder. "Newton?" he whispered softly, shaking the boy's body.

Green eyes, almost identical to his, fluttered open, Newt blinked, his eyes adjusting to the light. he stayed silent for a moment. "Theseus?".

Theseus only nodded briefly, relieved that his brother was awake, he walked over to Newt's wardrobe, tore the door open and started pulling things out, first a bag then clothes, shoes, more books..etc..

He could feel his brother's confused gaze follow his every move.

"Theseus, what are you doing?" His brother asked, his voice sounded a bit more demanding than questioning.

"Taking you away.." Muttered Theseus lowly, not pausing his packing.

Newt stayed silent for a moment before speaking again "She.. She really is..." his voice trailed of.

The tears that welled up in Theseus' eyes were a bit more stubborn this time, they seeped slowly down his cheeks, Theseus kept his face away from his brother in embarrassment. He cleared his throat and whipped the tears away irritably with his sleeves.

"She is."

a strangled sob escaped Newt's lips, Theseus put down the bag and turned to see his brother sitting on the bed, Feet dangling off it, his hand over his mouth to at least muffle the sobs that followed.

Theseus walked over to the bed, crouched in front of his brother and wrapped his arms around him, Newt didn't interact, he just kept on struggling to weaken his sobs.

"I'm sorry, Newt.." Whispered Theseus, His own voice breaking, Newt must have thought That it had been a dream, a terrible dream, That he'd be woken up by his alive and well mother after the illusion.

It was only a few moments later when Newt had quieted down.

Theseus pulled away and placed his hands on the 16-year-old's shoulders, Newt kept looking everywhere but his brother's face "Help me grap your stuff, I can get us a cap after the rain stops, my place isn't all that far from here"

Newt's eyebrow rose to his forehead "What are you talking about?"

"Didn't you hear me earlier?" Newt shook his head in response "Newt, You're coming to live with me."

A/N You've read this far?? YAY!
Ok just wanted to let the people who skipped the description that this is a Modern-muggle AU.

so, Let's get right into it. we're gonna have every body from the FB universe here. Tina, Queenie, Grindy, Albus, Even Bunty and with that being said, we're also gonna have some (Ok maybe more than 'some') fluffy Newtina moments

Keep a look out for smol details, I'm a sucker for foreshadowing and little hidden secrets. For example the little "L + A" on Thee's keys are gonna have their own story later on

Anywho

See ya next chap, Suckers.

🦅🐍🦁🐿