for.

For myself, I've written these letters to you.

I decided it was what I needed to do, as a way to say goodbye, to thank you indirectly for making me who I am today.

Thank you for being my best friend.

Thank you for being my rock, my encourager, my motivator.

Thank you for being yourself, because I experienced what it's like to be in love for the first time.

Thank you for attempting to keep in contact with me even when our schedules overlapped and became busy, when it was difficult and exhausting to check up on one another.

Thank you for being my sun.

Thank you for allowing me to be your astronaut.

I know you will never read these, and that's how it's supposed to be. I won't read them either.

They will remain unedited, untouched, alone; this is where the memory of us deserves to be.

The summary I managed to pull together of everything I ever felt for you and experienced because of you is below.

Thank you. Goodbye.

At the end of the day, it'd be easier to say that I don't love you. The reality is, sometimes you don't get to pick and choose who you love because your heart decides for you. Even though you hurt me, even though I break every time I see you with her, I remain as I always was, because that's who I am, and that's the girl I desperately wanted you to fall for.