Ch. 3 - Visitation

NOTE: This chapter up until the very end takes place in Elijah's dream state, a recurring literary device from now on in the story. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He suddenly felt the need to wake up, but once he opened his glacial blue eyes, he looked around, taking in the rather peculiar surroundings. He was no longer in the bed he shared with Melanie, his Queen. In fact, he did not know where he was in the slightest. The first thing his eyes caught was the sight of a fireplace burning with full life and force in a hearth surrounded by an intricately-carved frame of white wainscoting. The next thing he saw was a dark-colored coffee table before noticing he was on an antique white sofa. After this, he looked down at his peculiar clothing; he was no longer in sleeping clothes, but rather, a refined black suit with a white dress shirt underneath with a unique black bowtie at the neck and collar. He sat up, furrowing his brow at everything else in the room he could take in down to the smallest detail – above his head was a crystalline chandelier, and to his left were white Roman-styled columns from the floor to the ceiling. In fact, the color white was predominant in the room. The next thing he focused on, which prompted him to rise from his seat, were the various paintings of women on the walls. He put his hands behind his back and clasped them roughly, fixing on them, trying to figure out who they were and why they were so important as to have their portraits done. He walked around, his eyes scanning the walls before he came up to a table with two chairs on the other side of it toward the wall; upon it sat a candelabra with virgin white candles. He went over to it and held the bottom stem while looking at the candles, lighting them without effort by way of pyrokinesis.

When he turned around with the candelabra in hand, he nearly dropped it when he saw that two women were present; the first, a younger woman who looked to be in her late twenties. She had deep-colored eyes, a greenish-hazel, and her hair was long, sleek, and honey blonde. She had high cheekbones, defined eyebrows, red lip stain, and was wearing a long black maxi dress under a studded black leather jacket, a pair of ankle-high spiked heel boots, and around her neck was a chain necklace with studded stars strung along it. Elijah also noticed the strange stick in her hand that emitted smoke, watching her take it to her lips and see smoke also coming from her mouth as well.

"Great, he's awake," he heard her say.

"Just as we intended," the other woman said

"Just as we intended," the other woman said. This one was older, approaching her mid-seventies. She did not look to be in that age range because her hair was far from gray; it was wild and carrot red. She was dressed even weirder than the blonde, clad in a white fringed shawl with a rose bud print on it which matched the long skirt she was wearing. The shawl was covering what looked to be a pinstripe suit jacket, and on her hands were pleather red fingerless gloves with a strange fringe at the openings on her wrists. She wore exaggerated cat-eye glasses and looked at him. He set the candelabra down and raised his hand in a peaceful way toward the strangers.

 He set the candelabra down and raised his hand in a peaceful way toward the strangers