Ch. 6 - Time and Envy

"Vanderbilt."

"I'm here, it's... Dessi," the Princess said into the wall communicator.

The door opened, and John was standing there with a smile. He was expecting her for a private lesson in his suite regarding the discovery of any new powers, especially from the Seven Wonders. She noticed he was dressed down in a black button-up shirt tucked into a pair of slacks, and he was only wearing socks on his feet. He let Desdemona into his suite, where it was dark. That all changed when he closed the door, and the Princess gasped when a dozen candles around the room seemed to light themselves, giving a dim environment for them to be in. She saw her uncle's hand go down from being in the air, knowing full well he used his defining power to ignite the wicks.

"Uncle John... I..."

"Don't have the book I asked you to bring?" he finished her sentence curiously.

"No, but... hold on."

She walked toward the mirror that stood near the kitchen area, and concentrated. He watched her display of conjuration, seeing that the mirror became foggy to the point where she could not even see her reflection. It also seemed to ripple, signaling her to reach into the surface as if she were intangible and pull out an old leather tome. Once it was out of the mirror, it returned to its solid state once more, and she smiled at her reflection. She heard John applauding her behind her and she turned.

 She heard John applauding her behind her and she turned

"Yes, very well done. Conjuration," he smiled.

Desdemona decided to take it even further and set the book on the dining table in the suite. The leather cover was illuminated by the light of three candles, and she opened the book to the pages describing all of the Seven Wonders with just her mind, her palms facing down toward the book. He smiled and nodded, impressed as he watched the pages rapidly flip to the correct one.

"Again, well done. Telekinesis. What else can you do? Show me."

Ba-eh-eh-eh... ba-eh-eh-eh...

John heard a familiar animal sound, and as it resumed, he traced it to his bedroom, gasping to see that there was a large black goat on his bed, making its trademark, deep sound as it