Ch. 10 - Welcome to Hawthorn

NOTE: This chapter takes place in the first-person under Elijah's point of view. To be clear on what happened; this is an alternate timeline, where Elijah is not quite the same Elijah we met, same for some of the other characters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2015

My name is Elijah Cross, it's a pleasure to meet you. A bit about me – I work as a travel consultant, so I have seen quite a bit of the world. I was born in eastern London, England on November 15, 1985. I came here to Los Angeles with my parents when I was eleven, and I've been here ever since. I am in my office Mondays to Fridays, nine to five, and have been here for the past six years, working my arse off to get a promotion. I hate my boss. He's a cunt. I just don't understand why he prefers the newcomers over me, letting them climb the ladder before I even get my foot on a rung. I love when I travel for work, but about eighty percent of the year is spent dealing with clients. I love my weekends off. I usually spend it in solitude anyhow, listening to Stevie Nicks, Selena or Seal. Call me a fruit for my music taste, but I think they are all classic.

 Call me a fruit for my music taste, but I think they are all classic

Another thing about me, I keep to myself a lot. I have never even had a girlfriend. I think they're just scared of me, or maybe it's me in that I do not open up easily. I do have a scary gaze – I have light blue eyes, and dark brown hair, neatly combed especially for work. I've always had a deep respect for women, though. Don't even get me started about sex – I'm still a virgin. I'm thirty years old, like that film of the same title. I don't even talk about it with people because I get laughed at. I was laughed at in high school about it. I suppose that I am waiting for just the right woman to come along, that fate brings us together in the best way possible. Selena, one of my favorite singers, sings about love and devotion. I am so drawn to her songs Dreaming of You and I Could Fall in Love. My heart breaks with joy every time.

I have seen a particular woman in my dreams for most of my childhood. I love my vivid dreams when I sleep. I am not sure if they're prophetic, but it would not shock me because I have had these other abilities since I moved to Los Angeles from London. More on that in a moment. The woman's name starts with an M, and she is beautiful. I still dream of her time to time. She has golden hair that frames her face, a sculpted face with high cheekbones, the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen, and she is slender. She is often in red and wearing jewelry. She exudes power and authority. I love a woman in charge. I consider myself a decent excuse for a man, but I would love to worship a woman and do anything for her to keep her happy.

 I consider myself a decent excuse for a man, but I would love to worship a woman and do anything for her to keep her happy