Chapter 3.

Quote of the chapter~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How beautiful is it, when some one makes your heartbeat so fast when you don't want it to beat at all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I feel like I haven't updated in FOREVER. Idk, I'm used to updating every two days. But that was stressfull. It was just hard to keep writing so much, and it wasn't as fun. So idk, maybe it hasn't been that long. Anyway here's the third chapter, hope you all enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy's Pov

I was running to the infirmary with Nicos small, frail body in my arms. He was dipping in and out of consciousness, and kept trying to tell me something but he's Not saying any last words. They would break me. I used to think that Nico hated me, well truly, I used to think he hated everyone, except for Jason. I used to see him go to talk to Jason in his cabin occasionally and that really pissed me off. I always tried to be nice to the guy, and not just for pity. I've always just felt something around him, like were meant to be friends. You know? So it angered me when he always seemed to choose Jason first. Lately though, he's been warming up to me, I'd say were friends. And I like that, I like being friends with Nico. But I won't be if he dies on me.

I picked up my pace as I saw the infirmary come into view, still trying to be careful not to hurt the black haired boy in my arms. I looked down at him, his breathes were slow and shallow, blood was covering his shirt. He had a almost confused look on his face, and his eyes were closed. This was all my fault, I shouldn't have let him push me out of the way. I should have taken the dagger. And now Nico's here fighting for his life because of me, or at least I hope he's fighting. I wouldn't give up on him so he better not give up on me.

As I threw open the infirmary door, a dozen Apollo cambers instantly ran to us, trying to get Nico out of my hands and onto one of there beds. I instantly felt protective of him, I hugged his pale frame against me even more.

"Percy! Just give them Nico" I heard Annabeth call from the doors of the infirmary. She must have followed me here from the arena.

I hesitantly picked Nico off of me and gently laid him onto his back on the bed. The Apollo campers swarmed him, Annabeth took my hand and we walked out to the side of the infirmary.

"Hey, baby, it'll be okay. Nico's going to be fine" Annabeth calmly told me as she brushed away the tears on my face.

"No-No he's not. I should have protected Nico better. I shouldn't have let him take the dagger. It should have been me Annabeth"

"Perseus Jackson, you did the best you could okay? You can't save everyone, you can't always be the hero. You tried, and that's what matters okay? I love you Percy" She soothed, then reached up to me and kissed me lightly.

No sparks flew, no fast heartbeat, kissing Annabeth was well- boring, natural, to over done. She could calm me down though, she knows me better then anyone. But I couldn't think about that know. I quickly let go of her and rushed back into the infirmary to see how Nico was doing.

The Apollo kids were feeding him nectar and ambrosia, while others were attempting to remove the dagger. I sat down by the door and let the tears roll down my cheeks as I watched them try and save Nico.

The hours ticked by and before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep in that un-comfortable hospital like chair.

I woke up by Jason tapping on my shoulder. I was still tense after what happened so I jumped up which caused me to hit my head on Jason's.

"Ouch!" Jason whined as he placed his hand on his head.

"Is Nico okay? Is he awake?" I asked frantically, scanning the infirmary with my eyes, ignoring the pain in my head.

"Uh he's alright, they stopped the bleeding. He still hasn't woken up yet though" Jason informed me.

"Where is he at?"

"We moved him to the big house last night, a bit after you fell asleep"

I bolted out of the infirmary not caring how I looked. I had to see Nico and make sure he was okay. It took me a few minutes to reach the big house, once I was inside I pushed past Chiron as I entered the guest room were I guessed Nico would be.

Relief, sadness and anger washed threw me once I saw him. He was under the covers as if he were sleeping. I sat down on the bed next to him, I ran my fingers across his pale, defined cheek. I pushed his messy black hair out of his face and pictured his dark brown eyes, almost missing them. Lastly I rested my head on his chest. I could hear the faint 'thumps' of his heart and his small breathes. In that moment everything felt perfect. Nico was okay, and that's all that mattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question: Who's your favourite girl in the PJO and HOO series?

Okai, Byeeeee

                     ~Endlessly