Just Married

Eventually Draco and Astoria got out of bed to eat the stale scones left on the kitchen table. After they each grimaced at the rancid taste, Astoria waved her wand and proper food appeared.

     "I haven't had a real meal in years," said Draco. "My parents never learned to swallow their upper class pride, so sometimes they had food sent in by owl. But if course, we couldn't have extravagant meals coming there times a day, so we just had a small assortment coming every week. Except for the dinner party you came to, of course."

     Astoria laughed. "Your parents really are as crazy as the Prophet says!"

     But no sooner than Astoria said that, an great horned owl swooped in from an open window and dropped a letter on her lap.

     "Who do think it's from?"

     "Only one way to find out." Astoria opened the letter and read it aloud.

     Dear Astoria,

                Though I may barely know you, I must congratulate you on causing your mother to go insane. We both know it will blow over soon, but her tantrum was quite entertaining. Perhaps the most entertaining part was that your mother expected me to do something about it. I told her that this letter was a howler, so she probably won't bother you for a good long while. Believe me, I loathe her just as much as you do. Feel welcome to write to me anytime you wish. Good Luck, and give my regards to Draco. (You made a much wiser choice than your sister.)

          Sincerely,
                            Mavrik Greengrass

     "Is he your father?" Crack asked .

     "Yes, but he's barely spoken a word to me the entire time I've known him. Now claims he wants me to write to him."

     "You do whatever you want, Astoria. There's another owl coming through the window."

     Once more, the owl