Healed

Two years later

"He looks just like you."

Draco looked down smiling sadly, saying, "He has his mother's eyes."

It was true. Scorpius Malfoy's eyes were deep brown and full of life.

"Do you want to hold him?"

Draco hesitated, then sat on the bed with his wife and child.

Astoria slowly lifted the squirming baby into her husband's waiting arms.

"We have a son."

"Look, Draco, he knows you."

The baby opened his eyes, reaching out for Draco's hair, which had grown quite a few inches since Astoria and Draco met.

"He's perfect."

"I know."

The baby eventually fell asleep in Draco's arms. All his parents wanted to do was smile.

Astoria broke the silence. "I don't want him growing up like we did."

"You know I would never let that happen."

Astoria smiled. "I know. But I never had much of a choice, and neither did you. Scorpius will."

"Scorpius. Wherever did you come up with that name?"

"Some wizard I found in a book. I don't even remember what the book was called."

"It's better than what some parents do. I heard Potter named his son after Professor Snape."

Astoria tried to contain her laughter. "Professor Snape? Of all the silly things you could do . . ."

"I don't know, Astoria, you consented to marrying me . . ."

"Oh, stop it! You've given me so much, Draco. And now you've given me the greatest gift of all. He's ours."

Draco nodded, kissing his wife's cheek. "Hello, little one," he said to his son. "You're going to have a good life."

The baby opened his eyes again, but didn't cry. Instead, Scorpius stared back his father.

"Look what we did, Draco."

"Yeah. Look what we did."