prologue

victoria gilmore, or vicki for short, had lived in stars hollow her entire life. her mother had gotten pregnant when she was sixteen and gave life to vicki and her older twin lorelai, or rory for short. they spent their first months in their grandparents' mansion in hartford, it wasn't long before lorelai, took her daughters and ran away. the first years were hard, the three of them lived in a potting shed behind the independence inn, where lorelai worked as a maid. lorelai worked hard and got promoted, and eventually bought them a nice house to live in, where rory and vicki spend their adolescent years. 

we zoom in on vicki in her sophomore year at stars hollow high. she's on the cheer squad with her friend lane, secretary of student council, loves astronomy, recently ex-girlfriend of kyle gibson. which was "just a summer thing". when she was younger, she religiously took dance lessons at miss patty's and succeeded in swim lessons. so, she life guarded in the summer, along with helping miss patty with classes, and managed to go to cheer booty-camp. her athletic abilities go against her mother and sister's. 

she however shares the same dream of going to chilton academy and later, harvard university. she plans to do that through her love of science and outstanding athletic effort, opposed to her older sister's excellency in history and languages. she is also quite a social butterfly, thriving in social situations that make her sister cringe. she's has been asked to every school dance, and every after party, and voted onto student council, even though she's an underclassman. even with all this popularity, she wishes for her sister's talents, and clarity of what she wants in life, not realizing, that she does know, but is too afraid to say it out loud.