one

vicki and her sister walk quickly along the stars hollow sidewalks, vicki sighs in relief when they find their mother in luke's, opening the door and hearing the familiar jingle. rory sits across from their mother and vicki pulls up a chair, it scraping against the ground, making luke glare at her. she sheepishly grinned at him. 

"hey, it's freezing." rory says, vicki hums in agreement as she takes off her coat and scarf, revealing a red and white cheerleading fleece beneath. 

"oh, what do you need? hot tea, coffee?" lorelai asks her daughters in concern, and then sips her own coffee. 

"lip gloss." 

"mascara, maybelline please." 

"ah" lorelai says, handing vicki the pink tube and a hand mirror, then shuffles through her purse, pulling out a makeup bag of lip gloss.

"i have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and toasted marshmallow." lorelai reveals.

"i'll take strawberry!" vicki exclaims as she finishes her mascara. lorelai, hands her another tube and she hands back the mascara.

"anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?" rory asks, wrinkling her nose.

"yes." lorelai says in a 'of course' tone as she pulls out yet another makeup bag.

"it has no smell, but it changes colours with your mood." lorelai says showing her a another tube.

"god, ru paul doesn't need this much makeup." rory says seriously.

"wow, you're crabby." lorelai comments on her older daughter's mood, vicki rolls her eyes knowing the reason.

"i'm sorry, i lost my macy grace CD and i need caffiene." rory complains. 

"ooh, i have your CD." lorelai reveals apologetically. 

"i told you." vicki reminds rory, who rolls her eyes.

"thief." rory teases her mother.

"sorry, and i will get you both some coffee." lorelai says getting out of her seat and picking up the last mug off of the table and stealing another one from the table next to them. 

"i'll help!" vicki exclaims, as she follows her mother to the counter. luke gives her mother a judgmental look as she holds up the two mugs.

"what? it's not for me. it's for rory and vicki, i swear." lorelai pleads, and vicki nods furiously. 

"you're shameless." luke says grumpily and takes the mugs and fills them with coffee.

"look, officer krupke. vicki is right here," vicki raises her hand, "and rory's right at that table, right over there." lorelai says, her voice trailing off when she sees the guy who was flirting with her earlier, flirting with rory. vicki giggled at her sister's uncomfortable face.

"ah, he's got quite a pair, that guy." lorelai turns and walk towards the table. 

"thanks" vicki says and takes her and rory's coffee, and follows her mother.

"yeah, i've never been through here before." the guy says to rory, vicki giggles as she watches her mother approach him.

"oh, you have, too." lorelai says sarcastically, causing the guy to turn around.

"oh, hi." the guy says, surprised.

""oh, hi. you really like my table, huh?" lorelai teases.

"i was just, uh..." the guy stumbles over his words, nervously.

"getting to know my daughter." lorelai answered for him, making his eyes go wide.

"your..." the guy says confused.