s i x t e e n

-hi! please like and comments your thougths during the chapter! love you all so much thanks for reading me!-

Luke's eyes fluttered open when he felt soft fingers brushing against his cheek.

"Good morning." Ashton said smiling.

Luke smiled back, his heart bouncing at the sight of Ashton laying next to him. His fingers were gently brushing his skin and the sun was shining warmly on his beautiful face. The blonde shifted in the bed, facing the brunette while he closed his eyes lazily again, then he suddenly realized that he didn't fell asleep here. 

"I carried you here." Ashton smiled. "In case you were wondering... I thought it would be comfier." He said kissing Luke's nose.

Luke blushed, remembering last night's events. He was still naked under the sheets, while Ashton was only covered by a thin boxer. Which means the brunette carried him here while he was naked and exposed and fuck Luke couldn't blush harder than he was blushing now.

"Thank you." Luke whispered.

"What do you want to do today?" Ashton asked, brushing Luke's hair with his fingers.

"I don't know." Luke scooted closer. "Whatever you want."

"We could... walk to the park and..." Ashton hummed, his fingers brushing Luke's bare arm softly. "Have a picnic." 

"Sounds good to me." Luke smirked. "But not right now, I wanna stay in bed for a while."

And who was Ashton to say no?

They stayed in bed for a few hours, looking at each other in the eyes and Ashton was still caressing Luke's arm. Luke thought that he could easily get used to it. When the blond was about to drift to sleep again, Ashton pushed on his back lightly to bring him closer. Luke snuggled against the hazel-eyed boy's chest and maybe he pretended to be asleep because Ashton's fingers were brushing his back soothingly and he didn't want him to stop.

"Ash?" Luke asked while they were walking to the park. Ashton insisted to walk to there and Luke was so lazy, he didn't understand why they couldn't just drive there instead.

"Yeah?" Ashton said.

"I'm tired can you carry me?" He whined sweetly with puppy eyes.

"Lukey c'mon." Ashton smiled grabbing his hand. "We're almost there."

"Please, my legs hurt." He whined again, pouting like a three years old boy.

"Uh, fine."

Ashton sighed and he turned his back for Luke. The blond giggled softly and he jumped on the older boy's back. Ashton let out a small "hmph" and Luke wrapped his arms around his neck, whilst Ashton grabbed his thighs. The blond rested his head on Ashton's shoulder and he pecked his cheek quickly sighing contently. Ashton was probably the best boyfriend in the world, even if he was Luke's first one.

They walked to the park, -well Ashton walked- whilst Luke couldn't stop smiling and the brunette loved the was how clingy Luke was, holding onto Ashton for dear life and breathing slowly into against his neck, pressing soft kisses here and there.  The older one thought he could get used to it, he really wanted to get used to it.

"Alright, that's where the ride ends." Ashton said when they reached a nice tree.

"But I like riding you." Luke whined and Ashton almost choked on air. "I-I mean Iike- like the piggyback ride." The blond blushed.

Ashton giggled and then they sat under the tree on the blanket. Luke scooted between Ashton's legs and maybe Ashton fed the younger boy with cherry tomatoes and small carrots during the whole picnic, Luke didn't mind tho, he was comfy resting on Ashton's chest whilst the brunette was humming random songs quietly.

"You know..." Luke said. "Jack always preferred picnics over fancy dinners." Luke laughed sadly. "I understand why now." He said resting his head into Ashton's neck.

"You miss him a lot right?" The brunette said before kissing Luke's head. 

"Yeah." Luke sighed. "Sorry I don't wanna be boring and shit."

"No!" Ashton said wrapping his arms tightly around Luke's waist. "I like it when you talk about him." He kissed his temple. "I like it when you open up to me."

"Sometimes he was taking Ben and me out for a picnic on the beach or somewhere else, we would both groan because it was boring you know... sand everywhere and children running and screaming." He sighed. "I used to hate it." Luke slouched into Ashton's embrace. "I feel so bad now because I should have cherished those moments." 

"Don't be so hard to yourself Lu." Ashton said softly. "You were just a young teenager."

"Yeah but..." He sniffled.

"Don't cry babe."

"Sorry I ruined our date." He whipped his cheek. "Again." 

"Oh shut up." Ashton kissed Luke's cheek. "You wanna go home? We can watch this movie that you like and we'll order Chinese noodles for dinner.

Luke nodded and they silently walked home, Luke holding Ashton's hand tighter and tighter because he felt so safe. He knew Ashton was there for him and it made him feel so precious. He was precious for Ashton and that thought made his heart go wild into his chest.

When they got home, Ashton got into the shower quickly while Luke just sat on his bed, feeling a little low and empty. He grabbed his phone and he did something he didn't do in quite a while. 

"Hi it's jack I'm not here right now but you can leave a message, I'll call you back eventually." The familiar voice giggled and Luke's eyes filled with tears.

"Hi..." He scratched his neck. "It's been almost two months now and... I can't seem to get over it." He sniffled. "The good news is that dad is not mad at me anymore, and I'm not as crazy as I thought I was." He sighed. "I miss you so much Jackie."

Luke giggled sadly, he could almost hear Jack grumble because of the nickname, he hated when people called him Jackie. Liz used to do it when he was a kid and apparently she was the only one allowed to use that name.

"Ashton is my boyfriend now." He smiled. "He's amazing whit me, I don't know how he can support me actually but he does so... yeah." The blond cleared his throat. "Mum tried to cancel your phone number, but I keep paying for it." He breathed loudly. "I know it's crazy but I don't wanna forget your voice... Apparently, that's the first thing you forgot when someone... dies." Luke wiped his cheeks. "I gotta go now, Ashton's probably waiting for me." He sighed. "I love you."

Luke threw his phone on the bed and he sniffled loudly. He quickly fixed his hair and he almost had a heart attack when he saw Ashton against the doorframe. The brunette smiled lightly and he adjusted the glasses on his nose.

"Sorry." He said. "Just wanted to make sure you were okay." He walked to Luke.

Luke wasn't really okay, but he was tired of being sad all the time and he wanted to be okay. He needed to be okay. The blond smiled tiredly, but that smile was replaced by a true one when Ashton rubbed his cheekbone lovingly.

"Can you just hug me?" He asked while they sat at the edge of the bed.

Ashton nodded and Luke rested his head against the older one's heart, he was beating slowly, like a lullaby and Luke could've fallen asleep right now.

"Please don't let go of me." He whispered, clinging to Ashton's shirt.

"I won't Lu, never."