Chapter 8

I groaned rolling over as every muscle in my body ached in pain. After the Alpha lunged at me he threw me around like a rag doll and I couldn’t do anything about it as more and more bruises made their way onto my body. I heard the Alpha saying something before I blacked out and he left but I couldn’t remember. Something about leaving his office before he returned. I stood up carefully onto my feet, I was lucky they only ached and weren't broken. Walking was a different story altogether. I could barely get a few steps on my own, I had to use the objects that weren’t destroyed in my punishment to make my way out of the room. I clung to the wall making my way to Percy and Claire’s room. It was way past their bedtime but I still had to check on them. I sighed with relief as I heard and saw them asleep in their beds, or more like Percy’s bed, curled up together.

  Now stairs. I opened the door to my room and noticed on the steps a stack of books and papers. Great, I rolled my eyes. There was no way I was going to be able to carry all this up the stairs in this condition. I sat down on the step and pulled some papers into my lap and got to work, I didn’t need another thing for my pack members to complain about and end up getting killed. Even if that was what I was planning on doing earlier I couldn’t. The look on Percy and Claire’s faces when I fainted today made me push that thought to the back of my mind. I couldn’t leave them. I looked at my watch and groaned. It was already ten thirty. I was too exhausted to do anything but somehow I pushed thru it and two hours later I was finished. I crawled up the stairs on my hands so I didn’t fall, once I was all the way up I crashed onto my bed and drifted off to sleep.

  I sat up exactly at four thirty my heart pounding in fear, something wasn’t right. I got out of my bed and tiptoed to the window. I was way up in the attic so I had a nice view of the back yard. I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary at first until my eyes landed onto a pair of dark blue eyes staring intently at me. Could they even see me? No. I shook my head confused he couldn’t I was too far up and it was too dark in here, there was no way. Once the pair of eyes stepped out of the trees, the eyes still locked on mine, I noticed it was a young wolf roughly around the age of ten or eleven. What was it doing out there so late, or in this case early in the morning? The wolf howled and about ten other wolves stepped out from the woods. I gasped in horror. We were being attacked.

   What do I do? I panicked and quickly made my way down the stairs, tripping over my feet in the process and slamming hard into the door at the bottom. I groaned rubbing my head, Why was I running? I heard shuffling in the hall and tensed up, oh no I woke someone up! I’m dead. Why oh why can’t I remember what I was doing? I knew it was important but I couldn’t remember what it was. The door flew open and my face came crashing down onto the ground hard. I groaned again, I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. Scratch that it would probably hurt less.

“What the hell are you doing?” A voice asked concern clear in his voice but it surprised me, he was the last person I expected to sound concerned.

“Teddy?” I asked trying desperately to sit up but my stomach disagreed and pain flashed all over my body.  I grasped my stomach tightly again trying to sit up and I was successful after the third try.

  “Yeah.” He nodded looking away from me but I could still see his face scrunched up in pain. What was that about? “Why are you up and being so loud?”

  “I-I,” I racked my brain for a reason when it popped into my head. The wolves. “We’re being attacked.” I told him quickly. He just stared at me like I was crazy. “Do something, they’re outside!”

  “No ones out there Ginny.” He told me his eyes narrowing, “What is the real reason you were making so much noise?”

  “But I’m telling the-,” I started when I felt a sting on my face. He slapped me! What is it with doing that? Tears rolled down my cheeks as I stared into my brothers hate filled eyes.