Chapter 10

Everything was a blurry as I saw Teddy grab Caden in for a hug. “Are you okay?” Percy whispered and that was when I realized I was crying.

I nodded and pulled on his hand, giving him a small smile, “I’m fine, come on.” I led him into the house. Everyone was running around the house frantically searching for their love ones, so no one noticed as we made our way up the stairs. I walked into Percy and Claire’s room and looked around. Glass was everywhere and a giant hole was in the side of the wall. I sighed looking down at Percy, who was staring wildly around the room surveying the damages. “Why don’t you guys come sleep in my room.” I suggested.

“Really?” Percy asked glancing over at me, “I love your room, it’s the best one in the house.”

I laughed, “Well come on, you got a little more sleep in you?” Percy shrugged but raced out of the room and down the hall. By the time I was in the hall he was already up the stairs. I laid Claire down on the bed beside Percy, checking her over to see that all her cuts had been healed.

“Are you going to lay with us too?” Percy asked when I pulled the covers over them.

I shook my head with a smile, “No but I’ll be right here when you wake up, alright?”

“I love you.” He whispered with tears building in his eyes.

“I know, I love you too.” I kissed his forehead and when I pulled away he was out.

Three hours later I was flipping through some papers on the desk when I heard footsteps on the stairs. I turned around and growled defensively standing in front of the bed. “It’s just me.” His voice rang out making my body tingle.

“What are you doing here?” I asked standing up straight as he came into view.

“I-I,” He looked around the room before his eyes landed on Percy and Claire, “I came to check on...them.”

“Oh,” I tried to hide my surprise and disappointment at his words, “well they’re fine.”

“I see...” He nodded glancing me over when his eyes stopped, narrowing in on my stomach. “What the hell is that?”

“What?” I looked down and to my horror I saw my shirt was riding up exposing my bare skin, revealing my bruised body. “Those aren’t-,” I began.

“Let me see.” he growled pulling up my shirt, I was frozen in surprise, he was just across the room and now he was right here. “You couldn’t have done this yourself.” He muttered shaking his head his grip tightening, ripping my shirt.

“Wes?” I asked softly, his grip loosened for a moment but when his eyes met mine he growled and his eyes were almost black. “W-Wes?” I stuttered trying to take a step back, but his hold on me was too tight.

“Who’s hurting you?” He growled.

“No- no one.” I whispered.

He sighed closing his eyes, “Ginny, I’m trying to be calm, but...you not telling me is not helping.”

“I can’t.” I shook my head tears building in my eyes.

“Why not?” His eyes flashing open, “I want to help you, to protect you.”

I shook my head, “You can’t. You don’t even care so you can just leave now. Just forget about this alright.”

“I’m not leaving until you tell me.”

“Wes, I...I can’t.” Tears spilled over my eyes, running down my face at a steady pace.

“Ginny.” He sighed wiping away my tears my face erupting into sparks, “don’t cry, please baby don’t cry.” He spoke softly wrapping his arms around me and pulling me to him.

It felt right, being in his arms. The feeling of our body’s molded perfectly together, the fact that this guy was holding me right now, just felt so....right.

“Ginny, about earlier,” He whispered in my ear, “Tonight I realized that I can’t replace you. It’s just that my parents,” he shook his head while my heartbeat sped up erratically, “the pack, they need me but so do you. I don’t know what to do any more, I thought this would be easy. Me finding my mate and the pack accepting us as we led them and raised a family but this isn’t... Ginny I love you but I...I can’t..” He pushed me away from him, hiding his face as he faced the stairs.

“Wes I...” I began quietly but something pressed against my lips. It felt like my body was on fire and I pressed back. It didn’t take me long to realize that Wes was kissing me. My heart glowed with joy and I felt like I could do anything with him by my side. But just as soon as it started it ended.

“I love you, Ginny. Please, please never forget that.” He whispered out of breath as he leaned his forehead on mine.

“I don’t understand?” I looked into his eyes. Something fell from the corner of his eye and he blinked it away.

“This won’t work, us. Please understand that I don’t have a choice in this, please.” He frantically searched my eyes, “We can’t handle a rebellion, for the sake of the pack, it’s better like this.” He kissed away my tears.

I nodded with a heavy heart as I watched him walk down the stairs, not even sparing a glance back at me.

**************************************************************

I don't know how I feel about this chapter but I've been super busy this week and I wanted to up date so.....

Yeah And thank you SO much for voting and commenting!!! I love'd them all so much!<3