07. I Want You Back, Baekhyun

For months it has always been like this. Chanyeol's already used to waking up next to a ghost and he loves it.

Baekhyun does too. Waking up next to a person makes him feel alive. He traced Chanyeol's nose with his index finger and smiled.

But not all story ends with a happily ever after...

"Baekhyun-hyung." Sehun called.

Baekhyun got up from the bed and saw Sehun together with a soul taker. "Sehunnie?"

"It's time. Both of you shall come to me." he said.

Chanyeol woke up and noticed Baekhyun getting more and more pale even if he's already pale. "What's wrong Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol couldn't see the soul taker as well as Sehun. "Baekhyun? Yah! Tell me what's wrong!"

Baekhyun gulped in fear, "I don't wanna come with you. I don't want to leave Chanyeol." he said.

"Okay then, I'll give you...hmmm. maybe an hour to say goodbye to the mortal?" the soul taker said.

He noticed the sad look in his eyes and sighed, "Fine. I'll give you one day. Do everything you want. But tomorrow midnight, I'll get you." the soul taker said and left.

Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol tightly, "Chanyeol, I don't wanna leave you. I don't wanna go yet. I want to stay with you!"

Chanyeol hugged him back, "I want you to stay too, but I'm sorry to disappoint you because I think this is wrong."

Baekhyun's eyes starts to tear, "B-but... You're the only one who loved me as a ghost. If they take me, I will miss you forever."

"Ah! I know! Let's just spend the remaining time to be happy! Let's make good memories together." Chanyeol pulled up the ghost and went out of his house.

They went to places they never been both and explored together. Weird as people see, but for them nothing really matters now.

* * *

Until the time has come. The last five minutes...

Chanyeol and Baekhyun just lied together on his bed, watching the glow in the dark star stickers on his wall.

"I'll be the brightest star in the night. So you could find me easily. When you miss me, just look up in the sky." Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol caressed his cheek, "Aigoo, why can't I film ghosts?" he chuckled. "I want to record all of our moments, and watch them when I miss you."

Baekhyun starts to fade, the soul taker is guarding him from one of the corners of the room.

"Can I say goodbye now?" Baekhyun's eyes starts to be filled with tears.

Chanyeol held his hands tightly, I will never let go of you until you're completely gone in my sight."

The soul taker stepped forward and pulled Baekhyun's other hand, "Let's go Baekhyun, your time has come."

Baekhyun sobered and kissed Chanyeol for the last time, "Goodbye Park Chanyeol."

Chanyeol held him as tight as he could, "Baekhyun..."

* * *

Chanyeol woke up the next day, feeling alone. Again.

His mom and sister came back and everything felt normal again. Except to Chanyeol of course.