Chapter V

(Your POV)

After setting up my tent I laid on the cot in the corner, the inside of the tent was a simple enough layout a cot with a sleeping bag on it along with a foot locker and desk, and stool.  The conversation that I just had was certainly unexpected, to say the least, who would've thought the goddess of the moon was a good therapist.  Thinking back on our conversation I couldn't help but feel at least a little bit better, sitting up I began to inspect the tent and the foot locker inside was some basic supplies and clothes which very surprisingly were also my size.  Deciding that today has taken enough energy out of me today I climbed into the sleeping bag before drifting off to sleep.  After opening my eyes I found myself somewhere else entirely I appeared to be in some sort of garden in a rather beautiful temple, glancing around I saw many different orchids and other plants and in the center laid a massive fountain along with a woman sitting on a stone seat in front of it, she was utterly beautiful however something that struck me as odd was her shiting appearance, for example, her hair would continuously shift between different hairstyles and colors along with her facial features and eyes.  She then looked right at me before she smirk, "Hello (Y/N) it has been a rather long time since we've met." "I'm sorry do I know you?" she just laughed "Oh it has been a long time since you can't even recognize your own mother, but I suppose that's my own fault, I truly am sorry for not speaking with you sooner."  After looking into her eyes more closely I saw my own vibrant (E/C) eyes staring back into mine along with her long flowing (H/C) hair, "You'll have to forgive me "Mother" but something tells me that you've waited this long to come and visit me for reason, admit it my siblings are right when they say you don't truly care and love for me" I know its stupid to be spitful and angry at a god but I don't care how dare she only visits me now.  Expecting to be turned into a dove or something like that, however, the last thing I would have thought of was to be embraced by the woman in front of me, I felt that my shirt began to grow damp and upon closer inspection, I saw that the goddess of love and beauty was actually crying.  "(Y/N) I can understand if you're upset with me and you have every right to be but please understand that I had reasons for the way I acted around you, (Y/N) you're a very special and very powerful Demigod possibly one of the most important ones in history for that matter, and the path ahead of you is going to be difficult.  That is why you were left with that man that child of Areas, I know what he did to you and although I wish I could have done something about it I couldn't but just know this, I wanted to reach out to you to show you the love that you so desperately deserved to receive... But your story isn't over and although I wish I could discuss more with you I cannot but do know that no matter where you are I will always love you, and although I can understand if you want nothing to do with me just know that I will always be on your side" I wanted to be mad, I REALLY wanted to be mad, the fact that she left me with that animal for all of those years and knew what he was doing to me yet did nothing... But I couldn't be, maybe I was starved for the slightest bit of attention, or maybe I truly did understand why she couldn't be there I don't know, instead, I just embraced her and cried.  I cried and sobbed until there were no more tears to fall but I still held onto her and she held onto me and we just stayed that way with her rubbing my back and whispering soothing words.  After all of these years, I had finally gained something that I never knew I needed, a mother's love, and after that exchange, I was awoken by myself in that small lonely tent, but I could still feel her, and I knew she meant every word that she spoke, and that was enough.

(Time Skip)

It had been a few weeks since my dream visit with Aphrodite and the Hunters had moved camp further East, last I checked I think we were somewhere in Tennessee.  Besides that, I healed a bit more from my previous injuries, maybe not enough to brave the journey on my own but enough where I wasn't the weakest link, today was a special day as today I was sent out to go to town to pick up more supplies, although most of the hunters were rather cautious of me still I had made a few friends here (Mostly with the newer Hunters) I had gone through the camp making a list of what we needed and asking the campers if they wanted anything special as a gift, many asked for simple things like chocolates, toys, new books, etc. once I had rounded up everything I went to Artemis's tent. "Ahem uh, lady Artemis?" a few seconds later I heard a voice from the other side, "You may enter" once I was given permission I entered only to see Artemis in a slightly older form about 17 to 18 sitting at a table and brushing her long auburn hair, "Uh my lady I have the list ready and looks like everything together will be about $400" as I said this she waved her hand and a wad of cash magically appeared on the table next to her. "There's about $500 why not get something for yourself?" "Oh thank you lady Artemis but I will be quiet alright" before she could protest I grabbed the money and walked out the door making my way toward the closest town.